Complaint Review: Dry Clean 4U

• Updated: Thu, October 30, 2008

• Reported By:Mississauga Ontario
Dry Clean 4U
5030 Tenth Line Road. Unit # 2 Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Dry Clean 4U Dry Clean 4U in Mississauga at 10th Line Rd broke my coat and want to charge me for the repair Mississauga Ontario

On October 22, 2008 my wife took my winter coat to a dry cleaner located closed to our home (Dry Clean 4U at Tenth Line Road in Mississauga, ON. Canada). At that moment, the jacket was checked and found OK, my wife paid in full in advance for the service ($20) and obtained the costumer receipt indicating that the jacket was in perfect condition.

One week later, she went to pick up the garment and is informed that they found that the zipper puller of the jacket was missing; but instead of calling us to let us know this issue they cleaned it anyway.

Firstly, the zipper puller as everything else in the coat was fine. I just checked it before my wife took it to the dry cleaner. As a matter of fact, the zipper puller had a winter park ticket attached. I decided to leave it there in order to let "professional" people taking proper care of it. I imagine that one of the employees trying to remove it tore appart the zipper puller. I understand this kind of accident happens. What I can accept is that this people is trying to cover it up. They did not call us to tell about the zipper. They just wrote in their copy of the receipt that the zipper puller was missing.

After insisting on it, my wife was communicated over the phone with the store manager. He insisted that he was informed by his employees about the defective condition of the jacket (caused by themselves, obviously) and he took a "business decision" by cleaning it.

On top of this deceitful conduct, the manager of the store told my wife that if she wanted the repairs done had to pay other $27. So, they have the gall to ask me to pay for the repair of something they broke. My wife did not accept the jacket under that condition until this situation is solved. I would like to know what it can be done in order to make them fix what they did.

Anibal
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2008 02:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dry-Clean-4U/Mississauga-Ontario-L5M-7Z5/Dry-Clean-4U-Dry-Clean-4U-in-Mississauga-at-10th-Line-Rd-broke-my-coat-and-want-to-charge-1029089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dry Clean 4U