Complaint Review: DteEnergy

• Updated: Sun, February 20, 2011

• Reported By: Donna — westland Michigan United States of America
DteEnergy
414 S. Main Ann Arbor, Michigan United States of America

DteEnergy DTE Energy continues to over charge me, my usage is not $389.a month. Ann Arbor, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Colder than usual Northener

*Consumer Comment: question

Dte Energy claims my usage is nearly $400.00 a month.  I called and set up an inspection of of the dte meter.  I was not contacted ever concerning the results. DTE claimed the meter was checked and correct.  DTE claimed a letter was on the way to me to confirm the meter was check and correct.

No such letter came.  At this writing, no letter has come from dte.  My bill is still nearly $400 a month.  I now owe close to $900.00 on the winter bill.

I had a payment plan, and I was nearly finished paying off the bill from last year.  I also called about last years bills. I was told it was normal.  I said no it was not.  The heating bill went from $72.oo during warmer weather of the winter one month to nearly $200.00 in one month.

I called right away and was given different reasons why it was higher.  The following month it was nearly $400.00.

I started cutting off everything and the bill is still nearly $400.00.  I called with the meter reading and was told I was not reading it right.  When I asked for help, the phone was disconnected.

After the so called dte reading, my bill is still very high my house is not 1,000 ft.

It is a rip off.  dte in MI, needs someone to pay them, now that so many are homeless.  DTE is charging those of us still lucky to have a place to live, more to cover the loss.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2011 09:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DteEnergy/Ann-Arbor-Michigan-48104/DteEnergy-DTE-Energy-continues-to-over-charge-me-my-usage-is-not-389a-month-Ann-Arbor-697319. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DteEnergy

Colder than usual Northener

AUTHOR: Roy - (U.S.A.)

Residing in Texas last month has added at least $ 150.00 to the all electric bill I received.This company probably had to pay more for the energy they bought to sell you.You have not stated whether your contract has a fixed per kiiowatt usage.If you have no contract your varaible an your uasage sky rockets.Thinking your meter reading is wrong by the $$$ more your having to pay.Believe me !!! other people are in the same boat as you.My home is insulated to the MAX.$323.00 was my elec bill for Jan an expect about the same in Febuary.Yep!!! If you want to stay warm your going to pay for it......

question

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Could it be that Michigan and all the North had excessive winter weather? I know that my bills are higher because Texas had 4 days of consecutive winter weather this month.