- Report: #1162510
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Dudley Media Group
Dudley Media Group7251 West Lake Mead Boulevard, Suite 300 Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Dudley Media Group Global Unprofessional, Bogus Company, Violation of IRS Contractor Laws Las Vegas Nevada
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Please be aware of this company from both a consumer's point of view and from a person who is seeking legit employment from home. I responded to an ad on Craiglist regarding a work from home employment offer and I was hired by Dudley Media group (GLOBAL). The job description consist of working 6 hours straight and ALL breatks are UNPAID. You answer back to back calls from consumers who call you because they are under the impression that they have a parcel to pick up. You are directed to read a very long script to the callers and advise them that they have a free gift which is a USB charger and android tablet. The consumers who are wise simply hang up the phone but many consumers fall for the trick. Those who wish to pick up their free item are told to attend a 90 minute show and once there they are pressured to purchase TIMESHARE.
Also, the company is taken advantage of workers and I have reported them to the IRS. They demand people to be on the phone during certain hours non-stop however they make you responbile for your own tazes. According to the IRS the law states the following:
- You are not an independent contractor if you perform services that can be controlled by an employer (what will be done and how it will be done). This applies even if you are given freedom of action. What matters is that the employer has the legal right to control the details of how the services are performed.
- If an employer-employee relationship exists (regardless of what the relationship is called), you are not an independent contractor and your earnings are generally not subject to self employment tax.
When I notifed Dudley of the laws, the terminated my contract ASAP sending me this very distasteful email:
We appreciate the effort that you have put into working with Dudley Media Group. However, at this time we are electing to terminate your employment.
Your current work hours will be calculated and your final paycheck will be mailed after we have completed payroll processing.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2014 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dudley-Media-Group/Las-Vegas-Nevada/Dudley-Media-Group-Global-Unprofessional-Bogus-Company-Violation-of-IRS-Contractor-Law-1162510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.