Complaint Review: Duke Energy

• Updated: Mon, July 14, 2014

• Reported By: Justice — Pinellas Park Florida
Duke Energy
Nationwide USA

Duke Energy Overcharg reading and false claim they read ACTUAL meter Saint Pete Florida

This company is overcharging and their customer representative claims they do ACTUAL meter readings. Well, they DO NOT!!!

Duke Energy please find a decent , educated person to handle your business because ghetto customer service is not what this coutnry is about.

My meter is in the garage and you have to come thru my front door, then thru my house to get to the meter. Well, this customer service representative CLAIMS they do ACTUAL meter readings by going from house to house. I told her that is not correct. She started to get annoyed because I got her cornered. My meter is in my garage not outside.

Ever since I moved in here, December that is , not once someone from Duke Energy came to read the meter.

So I got almost the same bill for the two months in a row... now, you tell me how is that possible when I had only AC run in my office that is about 500 sf - if that.... coffee pot. This is commercial property and just to cool off 500 sf and have a cup of coffee they send the bill of $286.... That's amazing....

For the previous month it was about the same the difference was I had other AC on as well plus 2 fridges on...

So I spend less but get charged almost the same??? Guess I'm retarded now.

From December to May it was only $75 PLUS I had a fridge here too.

Guesstimation is not accepted Duke Energy. Estimation is your actual reading. This is FRAUD and should be reported.

They chose the wrong person to mess with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2014 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Duke-Energy-/nationwide/Duke-Energy-Overcharg-reading-and-false-claim-they-read-ACTUAL-meter-Saint-Pete-Florida-1161874. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Duke Energy