Complaint Review: Duke Energy Corporation

• Updated: Mon, September 16, 2013

• Reported By: cooljay — Grover North Carolina USA
Duke Energy Corporation
9700 David Taylor Dr. Charlotte, North Carolina United States of America

Duke Energy Corporation claims to never receive SSI-Rate Form for almost 2 year now Charlotte, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Me too

Duke Energy Carolinas has claimed now for about 2 years to have never received my SSI rate form. This form is for people who are on SSI and disabled to give a lower rate to those individuals as we do not get very much money monthly to live on.

I have mailed them this form now 4 times over 2 years almost. Every time I call them I get told they've never received it, I've even printed the address via my printer onto the envelope to make certain it went to the correct address, once again never received.

When I contact them about this and speak to a supervisor all they tell me they'll put in a request to that division to "look into it". Whenever I ask for a phone number for that division I am told they have no phone number and that they themselves can not call them directly but rather have to put the request in via computer.

To me this all sounds very fishy and I am getting rather upset as they keep not just wasting my time and money on having to send them the form each time via my own stamped envelope, but the Social Security offices time each and every time I have to go in there and have them fill out their section of the form.

This is an outrage that they treat disabled people like this and expect us to put up with it. Shame on you Duke Energy Carolinas for making disabled people have to jump through hoops just to get a little help on their energy bill. Shame on you for making us have to waste our time and money filling out and sending in these applications that "never arrive" to you. Shame on you for wasting the Social Security offices time filling out their part of the form.

I've had nothing but patience for 2 years now, but the straw has finally broke this camels back and it's time that something is done about this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2012 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Duke-Energy-Corporation/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28262/Duke-Energy-Corporation-claims-to-never-receive-SSI-Rate-Form-for-almost-2-year-now-Charlo-867060. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Duke Energy Corporation

Me too

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

have been having the same problem. In May 2011, the reduced rate was applied to my account. There was a SSI adjustment just above the energy rider fee on my bills. When I moved to a ground-level residence in June 2013, the Duke runaround started. I was told the rate would follow me, then it takes 6 weeks to apply, then it must be lost in the mail...the last rep suggested I send my request certified mail.

I contacted the social sexurity administration as well as my local DHR and both told me to contact an attorney. instead, I contacted the Better Business Bureau of Chalotte Nc to file a claim. They will review my claim, mail Duke a request to mediate with me, and give Duke something like 5 days to resolve the issue. I'd love to know if anything worked for you. If this works for me, I will come back to update my previous complaints