barn

Complaint Review: Duncan's True Value (UHAUL)

• Submitted: Thu, November 02, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, November 03, 2006

• Reported By:Mt. Pleasant Pennsylvania
Duncan's True Value (UHAUL)
Lower Avenue Jeannette, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Duncan's True Value (UHAUL) ripoff billed twice for UHaul rental Jeannette Pennsylvania

On September 16, I rented a UHaul trailer for 24 hours. I picked it up at 9:00 am and it was to be returned by 9:00 am on September 17. It was the ONLY trailer in the lot. I payed the rental fee of $35.58 for one day and returned it at 8:30am the following morning. When the trailer was returned, I parked in front of the building directly in front of the doors into the business.

I received my bank statement from my bank and found that I was charged $35.58 twice without them notifying me. I called the dealer and they said it was late. I argued that it was returned early and they said it would be re-credited to my account. After a week later and no credit, I called Duncan's and they said they couldn't help me.

So, I called UHaul Corporate and they are the nastiest people you my ever have to deal with. They will call you a liar no matter what you say. I spoke to a woman(numerous times) named Donna, who must have been the nastiest person I ever spoke with. I argued with her over and over until they had to get a field manager involved. A week later, I finally got my refund.

I had to go through all of this simply because Duncan's don't take daily inventory of the one UHaul trailer in their lot and didn't check my trailer in when it was returned.

Michael
Mt. Pleasant, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2006 07:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Duncans-True-Value-UHAUL/Jeannette-Pennsylvania/Duncans-True-Value-UHAUL-ripoff-billed-twice-for-UHaul-rental-Jeannette-Pennsylvania-218852. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Duncan's True Value (UHAUL)