Complaint Review: Dunkin Donuts, Manager Pinky Shah

• Submitted: Tue, August 19, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, August 19, 2008

• Reported By:University Park Illinois
Dunkin Donuts, Manager Pinky Shah
3937 Sauk Trail Richton Park, Illinois U.S.A.

Dunkin Donuts Manager Pinky Shah How Dunkin Donut Rip Off of my Pay Check I am a single mom. Richton Park Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact your state labor board

I would like to make a report about Dunkin Donuts and how mistreat their employees. when started work not very long ago I was hired by Pinky Its ok until she started to yell at me hit me sometimes and embarrass me which cause me to experience self-conscious distress when I would come to work.

Recently my little brother was shot by a stray bullet going to gas station I ask pinky would could I talk to her I have a family emergency. She would'nt take me to the back to talk in private when told her what had happen to my little brother and that my parents are no longer living a its my responsiblity. She start yelling no I dont care I know a head a time and need to be at work my right time or I would lose my job. She embarrassed me again one of the main customers can out to see about me and a another manager. From then I ve been looking for another job. Then she fired me because some one told her that I had a new job and I didnt have at the time.

So now as I am writing I do not have my last two check because of a hat. She told me to bring my uniform when came in to building and this is all on camera she walk out the back I had to go out side and call her name. She tells me that she's off work and 6pm it was 7:30 then says give shirt and name tag she knows I keep my hat in the locker. she waits to we get in front of customers to start saying she not going to give me my check untill she get the hat. And walks out. Police say its a civil matter that they cant do anything about a 75 cent hat.

Fooley1
University Park, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2008 12:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dunkin-Donuts-Manager-Pinky-Shah/Richton-Park-Illinois-60471/Dunkin-Donuts-Manager-Pinky-Shah-How-Dunkin-Donut-Rip-Off-of-my-Pay-Check-I-am-a-single-mo-364380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dunkin Donuts, Manager Pinky Shah

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Contact your state labor board

AUTHOR: J G Shrugged - (U.S.A.)

If you haven't been paid yet for hours worked. If the hat is in a locker inside the store, I would say that it's under the store's custody and control, and also - many states forbid withholding paychecks for return of company property such as uniforms.