Complaint Review: Durante Parks, Virtual Money Broker, Asset Protection, Commercial Real Estate

• Submitted: Thu, May 21, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, December 02, 2009

• Reported By:Anywhere California
Durante Parks, Virtual Money Broker, Asset Protection, Commercial Real Estate
Fayetteville, Georgia U.S.A.

Durante Parks, Virtual Money Broker, Asset Protection, Commercial, Real Estate, Top Gun, Topgunworkshops.net Rip Off, scam, fraud, snake oil, junk, waste of time, crap, Fayetteville Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Unfair review of Durante's knowledge and skills

More ripoffs.

Now Durante Parks is promoting "Top Gun" commercial financing training fraud.

Not only is this the same warned over junk from before, but he is, laughably, using an old '80's movie Top Gun as his theme. This is beyond LAME,

Now, I'll be called a bitter hater who "just couldn't cut it". I'll pause now for Durante's current suckers ( I mean "students") to tell you how many million dollar deals that have recently done and how blessed and fortunate they are and what a smart and great guy Durante is for giving everyone his "wisdom" on commercial real estate.

Pause...pause...

Well, here's the link to to his disclaimer from his new scam site:

Here are a few quotes from the disclaimer that tells you everything you need to know about this scumbag:

Excerpt 1.

NO EARNINGS PROJECTIONS, PROMISES OR REPRESENTATIONS

You recognize and agree that we have made no implications, warranties, promises, suggestions, projections, representations or guarantees whatsoever to you about future prospects or earnings, or that you will will earn any money, with respect to your purchase of Topgun Workshop DVDs, and that we have not authorized any such projection, promise, or representation by others.

Excerpt 2.

THE ECONOMY

The economy, both where you do business, and on a national and even worldwide scale, creates additional uncertainty and economic risk. An economic recession or depression might negatively affect the results produced by Topgun Workshop DVD.

Excerpt 3.

YOUR SUCCESS OR LACK OF IT

Your success in using the information or strategies provided by this website, depends on a variety of factors. We have no way of knowing how well you will do, as we do not know you, your background, your work ethic, your dedication, your motivation, your desire, or your business skills or practices. Therefore, we do not guarantee or imply that you will get rich, that you will do as well, or that you will have any earnings (whether monetary or advertising credits, whether convertible to cash or not), at all.

Excerpt 4.

PURCHASE PRICE

Although we believe the price is fair for the value that you receive, you understand and agree that the purchase price for Topgun Workshop DVD has been arbitrarily set by us. This price bears no relationship to objective standards.

(Translation: We charge whatever we think you will be dumb enough to pay for this junk)

I know this guy very well. I've been to his house. He's full of crap.

1. Buying Commercial Real Estate takes MONEY. If you can get it, great. You'll be able to do something. DO NOT think that ANY lender is going to give you money, regardless of "cash flow" without you having to meet personal qualifications. If Durante is still telling people that they can get a loan simply on "the strength of the deal and cashflow" he is STILL LYING. Use your brain. If that were the case, any and everyone who wanted to buy a credit-tenant NET LEASED property would have one. Right now. But they don't; do they?

Being a "money broker":

People who have the means to get a commercial loan DO NOT NEED OR WANT YOU. Why would ANYONE pay YOU hundreds of thousands of dollars to do something they can do themselves? Believe this: IF THEY ARE SMART ENOUGH TO HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO PUT DOWN ON A PROPERTY, THEY ARE ALSO SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT THEY DO NOT NEED SOME "BROKER" WITH A WHOLE 8 WEEKS OF "TRAINING" TO "HELP" THEM GET A LOAN.

THINK BEFORE YOU GIVE THIS GUY ANY MONEY OR SPEND TIME PUSHING HIS "PRODUCTS" AS AN AFFILIATE.

You have been warned.....Now you know.

Shoulda
Anywhere, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2009 04:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Durante-Parks-Virtual-Money-Broker-Asset-Protection-Commercial-Real-Estate/Fayetteville-Georgia-30215/Durante-Parks-Virtual-Money-Broker-Asset-Protection-Commercial-Real-Estate-Top-Gun-T-454170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Durante Parks, Virtual Money Broker, Asset Protection, Commercial Real Estate

Unfair review of Durante's knowledge and skills

AUTHOR: rkim777 - (United States of America)

I was just looking for contact information for Durante Parks and came across some most unflattering reviews on this website.  I am a full-time real estate investor with 18 properties (as of the date of this post), both residential and commercial.  I have a pretty good idea of what needs to be done to get them financed and/or refinanced.

I attended Durante's workshop in Atlanta, GA on November 20-22, 2009.  I only attended since I got an email from him offering a workshop seat for only $100 and also since it was held close to where I live in Aiken, SC.  I'd never heard of Durante 7 months ago and only saw one of his webinars.  I wasn't really expecting much out of the 3 days at his workshop.  I was very pleasantly surprised at his knowledge and ability to teach it.  I sense that he is one of the unheralded (or less-heralded?) geniuses in commercial finance and real estate.

Durante knows what he is teaching and knows it well.  His workshop opened my eyes to techniques I never knew existed.  I have another course, not Durante's, on commercial mortgage brokering and it can't even come close to Durante's content.  If you fail with his teachings, that is your own fault, not Durante's fault.  I don't know why he isn't as famous as the other great ones like LeGrand, Lindahl, Trump, etc.  He has a niche, commercial finance, and he's darn good at it.  What was most impressive to me is his creativity and ability to monetize deals that appear to be dead and that most other commercial mortgage brokers would have thrown away.

I attend real estate events/boot camps regularly and have many real estate courses (Durante showed us a picture of his library and mine is about as big as his).  I purchased his Workshop I DVD's at the Atlanta workshop and just got done listening to them on my drives to and from Aiken to my Thanksgiving in PA with family/friends, and these DVD's rank among the top resources I have in my library now.

I am comfortable as a real estate investor and may never use Durante's teachings to their fullest extent, but I know that his stuff is the "real deal" and I'd highly recommend his courses and materials to anyone who wishes to pursue a career as a commercial mortgage broker.

RHK (Aiken, SC)