cast

• Submitted: Thu, July 27, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, August 29, 2011

• Reported By:Miami Florida
Durham Loyal
500 East Broward Blvd, Suite 127 Fort Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

Durham Loyal - David Durham - Rick Price - Frederick Drummond RipOff Warning! Buyer Beware!! Check out Durham Loyal founders! ripoff Fort Lauderdale Florida

*General Comment: Here Is How A Scam Artist Gets Away With It

*General Comment: Talks with Aunt Ella

*General Comment: Trust me...yeah, right David J. Durham!

*General Comment: Trust me...yeah, right David J. Durham!

*General Comment: Response to David J. Durham's Letter

*General Comment: It's amazing

*General Comment: Checkmate, Durham!

*General Comment: Done Deal

*General Comment: The fall is quick and easy

*General Comment: More on David Durham

Buyer Beware!! If you're looking into working with Durham Loyal in any way whatsoever, beware! I was considering whether or not to work with this newly founded group and with a little digging and research, this is what I found.

David Durham, Rick Price and Frederick Drummond have a very scary past. Specifically a past that's tied to a church in the Philadelphia area with a past of horrid financial dealings. Be sure to check out cosnews; this site tells it all and convinced me that this is not a group that I want handling my finances! To think I was about to begin working with them!!

Be aware, Durham Loyal uses testimonials on their website that are pretty convincing and they are so smooth when they talk to you about your financial situation. They seem so easy to trust and talk to but they could talk you out of your money faster than a used car salesman. Based on their past and their still present connections to one Frederick A. Drummond, Sr. who acts as an advisor and quasi "Pastor" to every Durham Loyal employee, I would strongly suggest for you to avoid working with them. If they do anything like they've done in the past, they could be here today and gone tomorrow, your money along with them.

Do not work with this company, it's simple and if you do the research on these guys you'll see for yourself. Just do a couple of Google Searches on David Durham, Rick Price, and Frederick Drummond. The truth is there! Buyer beware!!

John
Miami, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2006 05:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Durham-Loyal/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33395/Durham-Loyal-David-Durham-Rick-Price-Frederick-Drummond-RipOff-Warning-Buyer-Bewar-203135. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Durham Loyal

#1 General Comment

Here Is How A Scam Artist Gets Away With It

David J. Durham (Financial and
Retirement Systems, LLC; Durham Loyal) spends hours just getting to know you,
in his statements on Safemoneyshow.com. I know for a fact that he has helped
one elderly lady get her house re-mortgaged, charging her nothing, saying I
did this out of the goodness of my heart.

He claims to have worked
tirelessly(?From FLORIDA??? Where was he when my aunt was in the nursing
home? When she was being transitioned from the hospital to the nursing home? I
was the one, along with my fianc, who was there every day, often twice a day,
in addition to checking up on her home completely across town before doing so,
collecting her mail and paying her bills as well as getting her to her appointments
and checking in with the physical therapists and nurses. Prior to this, we took
her shopping and to the bank once a week for well over a year. I never once saw
David Durham up here. In fact, the very few times he has been in Delaware, he
conveniently had to leave just before we arrived.  In my opinion, Durham, was obviously trying to
avoid us).

Durham will share confidential information
about his client; he will reveal intimate details about his life, including his
marriage (full of details no wife would ever want exposed) and about his
emotionally deprived childhood, as a way of gaining your trust.

There are at least 13 clients for
whom he did not charge for his services, all the while also being the agent and
beneficiary of insurance policies, as well as executor of their estate upon
their death. How can he stay in business, or even stay alive, when he is not
charging for his services?

For one thing, he is padding the
clients accounts with dividend checks, all to get a bigger payout upon that clients
death, in my opinion, since he is also in some cases beneficiary of the will.
This is what I discovered him doing with my aunts accounts. At first it didnt
make sense. But think about it and you can see why he would do this rather than
simply pocket the money immediately. It makes him look trustworthy and
dependable, all the while having a very shady ulterior motive, in my opinion.

Then there is the matter of being
the agent as well as beneficiary on insurance policies. I can understand this
on one or two clients, but on more than 10? You mean to tell me, you have a
close personal relationship with every single client you have? This is
another red flag.

As executor of a will, ones duty
is to make certain all debts from the estate are paid first, before dispersing
anything from the will. As executor, one has the discretion to deal with the
money as one sees fit.  Is anything else raising
a red flag here? It should. Because, as executor of your estate, if Durham
claims to have taken no salary for several years (or even decades, in my aunts
case), he can then claim that your estate owes his company for services
rendered and never paid.   The client, being dead, can hardly testify
that this is not the agreement they had (in my opinion, most likely a
gentlemans agreement and not anything ever on paper a great way to cover
your tracks, in my opinion).

Beware if you are dealing with
this man in any capacity. End the relationship before its too late.

#2 General Comment

Talks with Aunt Ella

AUTHOR: Dean A. Banks, D.D. - (United States of America)

After a long talk with our Aunt Ella we came to find out a great deal more about David Durham. She told us about how much she couldnt stand his parading around her house flashing his gold cufflinks and bragging about his riches. He once took her and Uncle Ralph (now deceased) to New Jersey and drove past one expensive house after another telling them how he owned them. He once took her with him to pick up his mail at his office. Aunt Ella doesnt see or hear so well anymore and when we went by to check out his office it was a mailbox at a UPS store. Thats the grand scheme of David Durham. He lies and convinces elderly people that he is a successful businessman and then tries to wow them with his business prowess. He is more like Bernie Madoff. He lies in wait for his clients to die and then hes made-off with their hard earned
cash. Aunt Ella made me promise to stop him at all costs. She made me the
executor of her will to make sure her home and her financial assets would go to
The Sioux Indian scholarship fund; and NOT in David J. Durhams pocket. Her
former minister of St. Marys Anglican Church, Father Kenneth Gunn-Walberg and
his assistant Betty Kester were conned by him into helping him steal Aunt Ellas
financial records and blackmail her into reverting her powers over her
financial affairs to him. I have contacted the East Coast Diocese and am
levying charges against Father Gunn-Walberg for Alienation of Affection. This
is because he visited Aunt Ella and told her that my fianc and I are trying to
steal her money. Its funny that Aunt Ella was leaving his church $15,000 and
he shows up to hedge his bet. Its also funny how he has a business
relationship with David J. Durham and Betty Kester. Also, Aunt Ellas neighbor,
Mary Sullivan, calls David to let him know when we arrive at her house. She is
a middle school teacher who told us once that she doesnt want to be involved,
yet she is in collusion with David J. Durham. His Svengali approach to people
and the fact that it works proves their ignorance and inability to think for
themselves. He plays on this and thats why hes operated with impunity for
over thirty years; up until now. David and his whole entourage of conspirators
are being sued for their undue influence into our family. He is currently
trying to get in touch with her son to convince him of his veracity but this
wont work. Her son knows what a snake he is and he will defend his mother just
as we have. You see, David, your reign of terror into other peoples lives is
almost over. God will deal with you on His terms and in His time. Your hiding
behind the veil of Im a good, decent Christian  days are over. You have been exposed for whatyou are; the spawn of Satan! (in my humble opinion).

#3 General Comment

Trust me...yeah, right David J. Durham!

AUTHOR: Dean A. Banks, D.D. - (United States of America)

David J. Durham claims to be a man of God. He is anything but that. After reading his 'client files' I see that he has left a trail of divided families who were denied their proper inheritance because of his sinister interference in their affairs, in my

#4 General Comment

Trust me...yeah, right David J. Durham!

AUTHOR: Dean A. Banks, D.D. - (United States of America)

David J. Durham claims to be a man of God. He is anything but that. After reading his 'client files'  I see that he has left a trail of divided families who were denied their proper inheritance because of his sinister interference in their affairs, in my opinion. You see, no matter how the devil wants to spin it, facts are facts and peoples' lives have been usurped by his lust for the acquisition of other peoples real estate, in my opinion. He uses the same line and m.o. with every client. He helps them with their finances 'out of the goodness of his heart'. Yeah, right, David. What he does is set them up for HIM to receive their assets by investing their money, increasing their bottom line and getting them to give him power of attorney and executorship over their will, in my opinion. And when they pass away are their wishes honored? It's obvious what he's doing and he operates toward the black side of the 'grey area'. People he has bilked are coming forward. I can't wait to see him in court answering the charges against him; that is, if he even shows. He has caused a great deal of problems in our family. Don't allow him to do that to you; just like the two sons that were denied their inheritance because of him. I have the documentation to prove it.

#5 General Comment

Response to David J. Durham's Letter

AUTHOR: Dean A. Banks, D.D. - (United States of America)

Following is a response to David

Durham's letter:

DJD: I write this letter with a heavy heart.  You and I and Pop had a very loving and caring relationship for more than twenty-four years.  I have very fond memories of the three of us together and all that we have shared.

Throughout all these years of service and companionship, I have gone far above and beyond the normal call of duty, and that is because of the mutual love and affection we had between us as Son and parents.  I thanked Pop for his Father-like role in my
life and I was touched by how he always called me "son." I have always thanked you for being a Mother and friend to me.  You and Pop helped me fill a gap in my life and I know I helped fill the gap in your life that was caused by your son [identity protected], estranged and distant relationship.  In fact, some of your last words to me when I saw you at the Christiana Hospital were Oh David you have always done so much for me; what would I do without my David."

DAB: This is a classic example of establishing a base for control, domination and manipulation. First off, when does a financial advisor adopt parents? When do they adopt him? As for her estranged son, he has his own life and goals that he attained. He has helped many people without ripping them off. His dedication to the church and helping people is most admirable. Now, David, she was in the Wilmington Hospital, not Christiana Hospital. When Liz and I were on our way there to see her and meet you, you had to conveniently leave before we got there? Why is that David?

And where were you when she was transferred to the nursing home. Did you visit her each day or sometimes twice a day like Liz and I did? She would do fine without you, David, since you have maneuvered all of her finances to benefit YOU upon her death. You are a despicable and sinister person, in my opinion.

DJD: I tirelessly and faithfully provided services for you and Pop, and never asked for any compensation.  We enjoyed such a beautiful relationship that compensation was the last thing I ever wanted.

I never asked you for anything than love and mutual respect.  In fact, it took many years of Pop's urging; then ultimately urging from you along with a consenting letter from [identity protected] before I would even allow myself to be your Power of Attorney or to be included in your Last Will & Testament.

DAB: Now get this; tirelessly.

What on your yacht in Florida? You never asked for compensation because you maneuvered your position to become the Executor and Beneficiary of her house upon her death. The last thing you wanted was compensation because you were getting
the house valued at $400,000; just like the other clients in New Jersey and Pennsylvania who took you to court several times. You are an infestation on a family and cause derision at best. You make it sound like someone else urged you to become POA and Executor. You maneuvered your way in just like the other 13 clients in the files I have that reveal your con-artist activity, in my opinion.

DJD: Because of the action of [Authors of the lies and hearsay posted to Ripoff Report], and your decreasing mental capacities this twenty-four year love affair between you, me and Pop is now in jeopardy.  Such a sudden turn of events being so inconsistent with the beautiful relationship we enjoyed and so out of character with the real [Other party of involvement] that I know.  I can only infer that this reversal in character is not a result of what I have done, but rather is a result of your present medical trauma and your age, coupled with the desperate finances of [Authors of the lies and hearsay posted to Ripoff Report].  This has caused [Authors of the lies and hearsay posted to Ripoff Report] to discredit my reputation with totally unfounded
lies about me and enabled them to assert undue influence over you.  This is a classic picture of exploitation when relatives come in, set you up to believe lies, take your money, leave you high and dry, and then abandon you without any more care or involvement in your life.

DAB: Now, you say to her that she has decreasing mental capacities. How convenient. Her doctor said at the time she was in Wilmington Hospital and the nursing home she was quite lucid. She was lucid when we informed her of your clandestine activities with your mentor Dr. Frederick Drummond. She informed me of your wife and how she has been dying of cancer for 10 years. That seems pretty long to me. She also informed me of how you confided in her and told her of your different relationship with your wife and how you dont have relations with her. Curious, where do you channel your inner desires, David? Toward young boys, perhaps, like your mentor Dr. Frederick Drummond was accused of? The only thing that is in jeopardy, David, is your career in ripping off elderly people, in my opinion. The turn of events occurred when we discovered that you are a liar and a con-artist, in my opinion. Next, you try to turn it around on her because you egotistical and self-serving motivation cant accept that she finally discovered the devil that you are, in my opinion. Then you try to blame us for your lies and manipulations to gain
her assets upon her death, in my opinion. We will NEVER stop discrediting your reputation because it is one based on LIES!, in my opinion. We did not assert ANY influence over her. We showed her the FACTS and she learned about the snake that she invited into her home. She told us to do whatever we could to STOP you from hurting others. She is so kind that she cared about others before herself!  You call this a classic picture of exploitation when relatives come in, set you up to believe lies, take your money, leave you high and dry and then abandon you without any more care or involvement in your life. Man, you are a piece of work, David Durham.

What are her relatives supposed to do when they find out she is being ripped off? Stand by and let it happen? We love her and we will protect her from devils like you, in my opinion. We gave her newspaper articles on you and Drummond. Do they print lies? We changed her accounts and managed her money just fine without your help. In fact, when we did, we saw exactly what your scam is. We know your game. As for leaving her high and dry, why did you STEAL her financial records from her house? Why did you break into her house? Why did you have a priest and neighbors report everything that went on at her house? As
for abandoning her, where were you when she was transferred to the nursing home? You conveniently left for Florida to check up on the many people you are bilking in your retirement home in Fort Lauderdale, in my opinion. God will deal with you, David Durham. Just make sure you show up in court and bring your financial records. We ALL want to see them!

---(Page 2 of 2 - of letter sent

06/21/11)---

DJD: I was shocked and very hurt to hear that you so readily chose to believe the hearsay lies started by [Authors of the lies and hearsay posted to Ripoff Report] about me.  I found it even harder to believe that instructions were given to [Medical Facility in care of Party of intimate involvement] that I was no longer designated Power of Attorney and that I could not inquire as to your condition, nor did you wish to talk to me.  Based upon your action, I can only infer that it is your decision that our relationship is no longer one of mutual love and affection as a son to a Mom.  I urge you to give strong consideration to your decisions and to the financial consequences of allowing your financial affairs and estate to be put in jeopardy of significant loss if you continue on the path that you have presently chosen.  It is in your power to cease and reverse such actions and to insist that [Authors of the lies and hearsay posted to Ripoff Report] also cease from the same.

DAB: For one thing, hearsay lies were printed in the newspaper? If they were, why didnt you sue them? Then you told her the articles were 'obsolete hearsay'. ??? How can the validity of crimes you committed against the elderly be 'obsolete' just because they happened years ago? You have and always will be a snake, in my opinion, David! We removed you from being the POA because of your proven track record of deception, in my opinion. Again, you try to control, dominate and manipulate her
into believing that we would somehow misappropriate her funds. You dont even know us (Thank God!) and yet you can say that! Seems like Alienation of Affection to me! We warned you multiple times to leave her alone and when she was released from the nursing home and came home to her house we were there helping her. You then swooped in blackmailing her with the items you STOLE and managed to coerce her into making you her Executor, in my opinion. She only began experiencing 'diminished mental capacity' AFTER she came home and you began your lies and scam on her again, in my opinion. You are a snake, liar and son of Satan, in my opinion. I will NOT draw my last breath until I see you in jail for the crimes you have perpetrated against her and others. Your career is over!

Sincerely,

"signed"

David J. Durham MSFS, CAP

In the service of our dear Lord and the elderly,

#6 General Comment

It's amazing

AUTHOR: Dean A. Banks, D.D. - (United States of America)

The more you dig the more dirt you come up with. Can't wait for my day in court against Durham. God willing, his wings will be clipped.

#7 General Comment

Checkmate, Durham!

Checkmate, Durham!

#8 General Comment

Done Deal

Well, David J, Durham, the SOB that ripped off my fiances
Aunt Ella had stolen her financial and personal records from her home and used
them to blackmail her to make her executor of her estate again. However, this
will all be contested due to Davids original assertion of her diminished
mental capacity. He was told not to contact her and he did. Again, he took
advantage of her and we are pursuing charges against him with the FBI, the FTC
and the Wilmington Police. His web of blackmail and taking advantage of elders
needs to stop. I will be posting an expose website for everyone to see the copies
of documentation currently in the authorities possession that will put him
behind bars for a long time. David J. Durham will be punished for his offenses,
this I will guarantee.

#9 General Comment

The fall is quick and easy

AUTHOR: Dean A. Banks, D.D. - (United States of America)

Knowledge is power and knowing what you, Carl Durham, Rick Price and Frederick Drummond do and have done for 30 years creates a duty for us to expose ALL of you for the lies, cheating and downright stealing from innocent, hard working people who listen to and believe your bullshit, in our humble opinions. Go ahead, David; send a cease and desist to this site and the listed newspapers. Do you think they will listen to your bullshit? The climb is long and hard (24 years) and the fall is quick and easy (this year). Brace yourself!

#10 General Comment

More on David Durham

AUTHOR: Dean A. Banks, D.D. - (United States of America)

More juice on David J. Durham and his boss 'Dr.' Frederick Drummond by Arthur Howe (Pulitzer Prize winning journalist). I'm sure he's lying, David! Yeah, right!