Complaint Review: Duropower Inc., Brenda Cole - Office Manager

• Updated: Sat, January 02, 2010

• Reported By: Paul W, BC — Surrey British Columbia Canada
Duropower Inc., Brenda Cole - Office Manager
677 Arrow Grand Circle, Covina, California United States of America

Duropower Inc., Brenda Cole - Office Manager false fraudulent advertising Covina , California

I purchased a DP10000ERC gas generator based on the information given on the Duropower web site. Item 9 of the Features and Specifications states "IDLE CONTROL SAVES FUEL , NEW TECH THROTTLE WITH IDLE CONTROL SAVES FUEL AND REDUCES NOISE". I also talked to Adam (the sales rep) and had him confirm the unit had all the features listed, especially the idle feature. Adam specifically stated that the unit automatically went to idle when the electrical load was removed. This feature is absolutely essential to me for the intended use of this unit.

After the unit was shipped and before I started it I called Adam again because I noticed there was no switch to disable the auto idle feature like other generators have, but he again assured me  that it did have auto idle. After starting the unit I was shocked to discover that it does not idle. It runs at one continuous speed (very noisy 3600 RPM) wih or with out a load. No change in throttle, speed or sound occures.

When I called to complain, Brenda Cole (head of service) admitted that "the unit does not idle down, it runs at 3600 RPM," She makes the ludicrous claim that the idle control is "internal" and has no effect on engine speed or sound". ?????? I was also told that since I had started the unit (which I had to do to find out that I had been conned) it was not returnable!! This company sells it product by making fraudulent claims and has refused to answer my last E mail and numerous phone messages.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2010 02:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Duropower-Inc-Brenda-Cole-Office-Manager/Covina-California-91722/Duropower-Inc-Brenda-Cole-Office-Manager-false-fraudulent-advertising-Covina-Calif-548630. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Duropower Inc., Brenda Cole - Office Manager