Complaint Review: Duropower Inc., Brenda Cole - Office Manager

• Submitted: Sat, April 19, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, August 25, 2008

• Reported By:Jacksonville Florida
Duropower Inc., Brenda Cole - Office Manager
681 Arrow Grand Circle Covina, California U.S.A.

Duropower Inc., Brenda ColeDuropower Inc., Brenda Cole - Office Manager Duropower & Brenda Cole agreed to send me repair parts at no charge, then went back on her promise. Covina California

*UPDATE Employee: Out Of Warranty

I purchased a DuroPower 3500w generator from Duropower, Inc. on the internet. The charge to my credit card was 349.99. I did not open the product when I bought it and did not open it until a year later (my bad). I called the company and informed them that the generator did not work.

I talked with Brenda who told me on the phone that "SIR you bought the unit on 8/7/06 and SIR it is now 8/16/07 and SIR the unit has a one year warranty and SIR it is now out of warranty". I told them that I understood that and that I never used the unit and was wondering what could be done. Brenda said she would talk with the owner and get back to me. After a few days, around early Sept after numerous phone calls she told me the owner said the unit was out of warranty and she asked me what I wanted them to do. I told her I obviously would like them to replace the unit and I offered to give them my credit card as proof of my sincerity and that when they send me a new unit I would then send back the old unit and if what I am saying about not ever using the unit is not true they have my credit card to charge me for the new unit. She told me she would talk to the owner again.

Again after I made numerous calls and finally getting to talk with Brenda (doesn't return phone calls promptly, if at all) she said that the owner would not send me another unit because the shipping cost were too high but would provide me with the parts necessary to repair the unit at no charge but that I would be responsible for the labor cost to repair the unit. I told her that if that's all the company could do I guess it would have to do, so I gave the unit to Sears and they informed me that it needed a new motor. I sent her the quote and asked for a timeframe of when the motor would be sent. She then sent me a note stating I would have to pay for the motor and shipping. I sent her a followup asking why the company is going back on it's word to provide me the parts necessary to repair the unit.

After being ignored for 3 months I sent the issue to the Better Business Bureau. The outcome was that Duropower Inc., and Brenda Cole continues to lie and they will not live up to there promises. By the way, the Better Business Bureau gives Duropower, Inc. an "F" rating.

Domino150
Jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2008 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Duropower-Inc-Brenda-Cole-Office-Manager/Covina-California-91722/Duropower-Inc-Brenda-ColeDuropower-Inc-Brenda-Cole-Office-Manager-Duropower-Bren-327329. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Duropower Inc., Brenda Cole - Office Manager

Out Of Warranty

AUTHOR: Duropwer - (U.S.A.)

In this case of Mr. James Drost, he clearly admits to understanding he was out of warranty when he contacted the office. He clearly states this in his own e-mail and complaint. All companies have warranty policies, and policies are expected to be followed. Ours is 1 yr. or 1000 hrs, which ever comes first. Clearly his was the 1 yr. This is from our policy.

As Mr. James Drost has stated in the beginning "(my bad)". And he admitted to it!Trying to get a company to warranty something he let run out of warranty. I am just an employee of this company and for this person to slender my name I find James Drost guilty? Yes, I work for this company and I am expected to follow the company policies as every other person who works for any company. Company set these policies and expect thier employees to stand behind them. I'm only doing my job. And yes Mr. Drost I have answered to all of the complaints you have filled. And as I find or hear about each and every one I will respond.