Complaint Review: Duvati Wear

• Updated: Fri, April 25, 2014

• Reported By: Atrax76 — New York New York
Duvati Wear
10153 1/2 Riverside Drive #656 Toluca Lake, California USA

Duvati Wear Beware of "Free" sunglasses offer after completing online survey Toluca Lake California

*Consumer Comment: Duvati sunglasses scam

I had completed an online survey and was offered free sunglasses from Duvati Wear.  All I had to do was pay for was the $7.99 for insurance and delivery. Later I see my credit card bill charged with $95. I called their customer service number asking what the charge of $95 was for.  Customer servive explained this $95 charge was made because I didn't return the sunglasses within 14 days.

So how was the sunglasses "free" if I had to return it within 14-days to avoid this charge. Customer care pointed to the fine print stating if sunglasses are not returned within 14-day return of the sunglasses they will charge you for the sunglasses. After placing the order, I did get an email confirmation.  But there was no mention of this was a 14-day trial period.

Now this is very misleading.  The online survery I completed stated I was getting a free sunglasses from Duvati Wear.  How was I suppose to know I was actually not getting a free sunglasses but a trial use of their sunglasses.

I called their Billing department to try and get a refund back.  They wouldn't budge.  They pointed to the fine print of the 14-day trial period even though the sunglasses were advertised as "free" after completing an online survey. Beware of any online survey you complete offering free Duvati Sunglasses.  They are not free!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2014 08:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Duvati-Wear/Toluca-Lake-California-91602/Duvati-Wear-Beware-of-Free-sunglasses-offer-after-completing-online-survey-Toluca-Lake-1128145. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Duvati Wear

Duvati sunglasses scam

AUTHOR: chamrz - ()

I would like the name of the organization. I see someone called them so the name should be available. My bank is looking into crediting the $95 they charged for "free sunglasses".