Complaint Review: Dvdplay

• Reported By: anonymous — California USA
Dvdplay
http://www.dvdplay.com Internet, California United States of America

Dvdplay Redbox kiosk / DvdPlay kiosk Internet, California

*Consumer Comment: almost happened to me

After returning a DVDPlay to a Red Box kiosk by mistake and discovering the problem, I was frustrated that a Red Box machine just took my DVD even though it knew it was not a Red Box DVD. Red Box basically stole my DVD and their customer service is complete crap.

When I contacted DVDPlay, they were aware of the problem. Yet, DVDPlay continues to charge and make lots of money on DVDs eaten by Red Box kiosks, so they are coming out way ahead, too.

It would be interesting to find out if the two companies are in bed with each other. What a scam, meanwhile, we are all being taken for a ride being charged for the extra each others dvd's I don't even have. Have any of you out there has made this exact costly mistake?

Either redbox or dvdplay need to change the box design/color. This confusion needs to be stopped before more people fall into the trick. Shame on you Redbox and DvdPlay both of you lost my business. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
The card has also been canceled to you crooked people can charge my card.

When returning your Redbox movies be sure to return the to the redbox kiosk and not a Dvdplay kiosk. Both kiosk look very similar so pay attention.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2009 04:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dvdplay/Internet-California-/Dvdplay-Redbox-kiosk-DvdPlay-kiosk-Internet-California-497785. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dvdplay

almost happened to me

AUTHOR: Theresa - (United States of America)

i think they did this on purpose. to get more money. you return it to the wrong one and the other company charges you for the dvd they didnt get. dvd play needs to change the color of their box