Complaint Review: Dynamic Business Group (Nelson)

• Submitted: Thu, June 23, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, June 23, 2011

• Reported By: bmw287 — ROCHESTER Pennsylvania United States of America
Dynamic Business Group (Nelson)
Foster Plaza 6 - 3rd Floor 681 Andersen Drive, Pgh Greentree, Pennsylvania United States of America

Dynamic Business Group (Nelson) COMPLETELY different job than they described Greentree, Pennsylvania

The company seemed legitimate during the interview with Nelson (owner) he had called me back after the interview and asked if I would be interested in shadowing one of the sales reps. for a day.  9:30am-5:30pm with out pay (He did not mention the lack of pay until the day of). During the interview he stated that they are a sales company that already has leads, and as a sales rep. you simply follow up on the leads.  He said they work with a wide variety of businesses including Direct TV, Verizon, Quill and a few others.  He never once stated that we would be walking door to door for this position.

On the day of my shadowing, my assigned sales rep. was to drive to the town of Glenshaw, PA (approx. 20mins away from Greentree) using his car.  While in the car we were told NOT to ask questions regarding salary/compensation/pay ANYTHING until it was lunch time.  Once we arrived at Glenshaw, we were told to walk to every door we could with our catalog trying to get businesses to purchase from us.  One business had a "No Soliciting" written upon the door and the sales rep. completely ignored it, thus having the business owner almost calling the police on us because we were not supposed to be there.  Lunch time eventually came and he explained the pay to me.

Not Hourly
No Salary
No reimbursement for gas/mileage on your vehicle
You get a tiny % of what you sell
If you do not sell anything that day -- you do not make any money

After the day of "shadowing" we had to then drive back to the office to show how much we sold and the rep. gave Nelson a review of how I did.  I told the sales rep. over lunch I wasn't interested within this company but would finish the day of shadowing.  Nelson then asked for a one-on-one discussion with me asking how the day went.  I told him how it went then asked him why he didn't tell me during the first interview that it was simply door to door sales. He completely avoided the question then went on to ask me other questions about the day.  I then asked him where the leads were that he spoke of during the first interview.  He changed the question around on me and said "the customer that buys from you, will be your lead to the next sale because they will continue to buy from you" -- Not what he had mentioned AT ALL during the interview.  He could tell that I was NOT happy with the days experience so he said someone will be contacting me at a later date to discuss if I have changed my mind about the job.  Needless to say, no one ever contacted me from that office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2011 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dynamic-Business-Group-Nelson/Greentree-Pennsylvania-15220/Dynamic-Business-Group-Nelson-COMPLETELY-different-job-than-they-described-Greentree-P-744369. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dynamic Business Group (Nelson)