Complaint Review: Dynamic Recovery Solutions

• Submitted: Tue, October 16, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 22, 2012

• Reported By: Kathy — Roselle Illinois United States of America
Dynamic Recovery Solutions

Dynamic Recovery Solutions Bullying, scaring, not informative, debt owed not mine Internet

*General Comment: Good information here...

*Consumer Comment: Here is how to deal with this

I just received a phone call from a man working for this company who was nothing but a big bully. He has my full name and last four digits of my social and states that I currently owe thousands to the IRS based on a Visa apparently owned by me from the mid-90's, and some payments had been made on that Visa from a checking account located in LasVegas, NV. Let's start with the man assuming I am the correct person when I have never owned a Visa in my lifetime of 40+ yrs, nor have I ever even been to Vegas let alone had a bank account there. And I do not understand how the IRS will be trying to take this money from me if it's based on a Visa account. When I tried to explain to the man that this cannot be true, he became verbally abusive, told me he will simply submit this back to the company to go after my earnings for the full amount due rather than the settlement amount, then hung up on me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2012 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dynamic-Recovery-Solutions/internet/Dynamic-Recovery-Solutions-Bullying-scaring-not-informative-debt-owed-not-mine-Interne-955748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dynamic Recovery Solutions

#1 General Comment

Good information here...

AUTHOR: clintond - ()

GREAT INFORMATION! I'm signed up with Experian and there has been no movement on my credit reports since mid-2013... so how did DRS find out so much current information on me? I have no idea! I've never even had a Discover card and they told me that this debt went back to 1992 - so even if I did owe a credit card company the statue of limitations has long run out.

These people are just fraudelent jerks - I'm just scared because they have so much information on me without going through a credit reporting company.

Here is how to deal with this

AUTHOR: Tagurit - (USA)

It is highly likely your identity has been stolen.  Both to determine this and deal with it - you need to at the very least do the following.

1.  Pull your credit report and for every account opened in your name that is not yours, contact the merchant and ask for the original application for credit.  This may help you find whoever is doing this.

2.  If fraudulent accounts you do not recognize have been opened in your name then file a police report that your identity has been stolen - you will need this later to provide to creditors and collectors.

3.  Contact the three credit bureaus and have a permanent freeze put on your account due to identity theft.  You'll have to go through the process of having it lifted every time you need to apply for credit but it will halt further attempts at identity theft.

4.   Debt Recovery Solutions (DRS) picks up debt that is past the statute of limitations - really old debt.  They are one of the bottom feeder collection companies.  Write them a letter certified return receipt stating that they must provide you with proof the debt is yours and that it is not past the statute of limitations for your State and that until they do, they are to cease contacting you and if they make any attempt at placing this on your credit bureau via a default judgment you will sue them under the provisions of the FDCPA.  Do not ignore any court summons that you receive.  It is a favorite tactic of companies like this to attempt to obtain a default judgment against you assuming you will not show up in court.  Be prepared with statute of limitations law citations for your state and the fact they have provided no proof the debt is yours.  The whole IRS angle is bogus.  The IRS has zippo to do with credit card debt.   It is another favorite tactic of these bottom feeders to lie and threaten.  Dont fall for it.  Make sure you review the FDCPA and know your rights.

5.  If you are a victim of identity theft, once you have the police report, send it to DRS (also certified letter) as proof the debt is not yours and let them know if they pursue you, you will file a lawsuit against them.

6.  I would consider signing up for a service such as Debix, Lifelock, or Watchdog to help you manage the security of your identity going forward.   Also some of the credit bureaus like Equifax provide a service for monthly fee (about $15) that provides you with alerts if there are any changes to your credit.

Good luck, post back and let us know how it goes.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC