Complaint Review: Dynowatt/ Accent

• Submitted: Wed, June 25, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, June 25, 2008

• Reported By:LaPorte Texas
Dynowatt/ Accent
6065 Memorial Drive Dublin, Ohio U.S.A.

Dynowatt/ Accent Jumped prices, doubled my average bill Dublin Ohio

I received a bill in the mail yesterday for over $500 for my electric bill. I have never had a bill over $350, and $350 is being generous. The customer service representative said that i was on a variable rate (which is what i have been on for over two years with no problem), and that is the reason my bill was so high. I told her I never knew of them even having a fixed plan, and she said as of April 2008 they started having fixed plans. I explained that I had never received any notice of the change and she told me they just posted it on the website. Well I dont check their website since I have never had a problem with them, and do not look at electric company websites for fun. I asked if I could get on a fixed plan now and have my current bill fixed to reflect the change, and her answer was no. I asked if I can prevent another $500 bill for next month, and she said that even if I changed to a fixed rate now, that they can not guarentee that the change to take effect until 45 days. I am going to find a new company, but for the time being, I am completely helpless to get anything done before the next bill, unless I want to live without A/C in the middle of a Texas summer. I am going to switch companies today. I have also filed a complaint by fax and mail to the PUC in Austin. If others would like to do the same, look on the back of your bill for the address. If you call the number listed they will tell you they need the complaint in writing, and give you a fax number.

Celeste
LaPorte, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2008 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dynowatt-Accent/Dublin-Ohio-43017/Dynowatt-Accent-Jumped-prices-doubled-my-average-bill-Dublin-Ohio-344077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dynowatt/ Accent