Complaint Review: Dynowatt/Accent Energy

• Submitted: Wed, July 02, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 02, 2008

• Reported By:Killeen Texas
Dynowatt/Accent Energy
6065 Memorial Dr. Dublin, Ohio U.S.A.

Dynowatt/Accent Energy Ripped off !! $650.00 electric bill for a 1600 sq.ft. home...I THINK NOT !! Dublin Ohio

As with other customers, I was happy with the company for almost two years. Then 3 months ago their rates increased to 14 cents/KWH, then 16.5 cents/KWH, and now to 25 cents/KWH.

I called the company when the rate increased to 16 cents and was informed about the new fixed rate plan (that was never mentionsed in my bills). I felt it necessary to sign up for it (at 13.5 cents/KWH) only to find I would have to wait another month until the meter was read again. It seems to me that if you are doing business with the same company this should not be necessary!

I have not been able to reach them by phone: "We are experiencing a higher than normal call volume (I bet they are!! ) and cannot answer your call right now"...and then I was disconnected.

I have contacted the PUC and my next letter will be a formal complaint to them regarding Dynowatt.

By the way, I was not offered the $100.00 sign up offer when I put in for the fixed rate that is now on their website.

Elaine
Killeen, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2008 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DynowattAccent-Energy/Dublin-Ohio-43017/DynowattAccent-Energy-Ripped-off-65000-electric-bill-for-a-1600-sqft-homeI-THI-346750. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dynowatt/Accent Energy