crossed

• Updated: Tue, April 05, 2011

• Reported By: Fort Collins Mom — Fort Collins Colorado USA
E-470 Express Toll Colorado Highway Authority
22470 E. 6th Pkwy, Aurora, Colorado Aurora, Colorado United States of America

E-470 Express Toll Colorado Highway Authority e470, E470, Express Toll E-470 EXPRESS TOLL IS RIPPING US OFF! Avoid driving on this toll road at all costs!! Aurora, Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Please Contact Me

My husband frequently has to drive from Fort Collins to Colorado Springs, and if you're from Colorado you know that in rush hour this means a very long wait on I-25!  So, he decided to go the "back way" and use the E-470 Toll Road.  Good idea, right?  WRONG!

First, we started getting bills in the mail and so we just paid them right away.  Total paid was $107.50, which was charged to our credit card.  Then, a few months later we get a nasty letter from a collection attorney saying we owed $99.25 ($79.25 plus $20 late fee) for "overdue" tolls.  I noticed the account numbers didn't match up, so I called Express Toll and talked to a customer service rep.  She informed me that two accounts for the same vehicle were set up (by Express Toll, NOT by us), so if I paid the $99.25 she was call the old account paid in full and cancel it, and we could just use the new account from then on.  (Now, remember, I already PAID $107.50... are you getting the picture yet?)

Okay, so it gets worse... then, I noticed we got charged that nasty $107.50 TWICE on the new account!  Yes, and our credit card was continuously charged over and over to cover it!  (Like total idiots we signed up with their online pay system, so they had control over the credit card 100%).  Several calls were made to the customer service reps, who informed us that it was a "computer glitch" and we would get a refund.  Not only did we NEVER receive a refund, but our credit card was charged... again...and AGAIN... and AGAIN!  Finally, we sent them a letter saying we wanted this mess straightened out, plus a complete accounting of what tolls were charged.  You see, on the credit card charge invoices all they show is the charge...not the tolls...so WHAT are we paying for??

Here's the kicker, folks... they just sent us to COLLECTION... for a lousy $15.25... on the OLD ACCOUNT, which was CLOSED!!  Okay, are you totally confused yet?  If not, please let me know what I'm missing here!  Needless to say, I am FED UP COMPLETELY with E-470.  And yes, I am using capital letters cuz I am completely SHOUTING! O:

My advice... take I-25, sit in that rush hour traffic, sip your latte, and just enjoy life.  DON'T take the "back way" and get stuck in E-470's incredibly tangled web!  Too many spiders are running that system.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2011 08:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/E-470-Express-Toll-Colorado-Highway-Authority/Aurora-Colorado-80018/E-470-Express-Toll-Colorado-Highway-Authority-e470-E470-Express-Toll-E-470-EXPRESS-TOLL-711304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E-470 Express Toll Colorado Highway Authority

Please Contact Me

AUTHOR: Dave Kristick - (United States of America)

Please contact me so I can help you resolve this problem.

dkristick@e-470.com