Complaint Review: E-470 Express Toll Colorado Highway Authority

• Updated: Fri, December 23, 2011

• Reported By: Jessie — Guymon Oklahoma United States of America
E-470 Express Toll Colorado Highway Authority
22470 E. 6th Pkwy, Aurora, Colorado United States of America

E-470 Express Toll Colorado Highway Authority Billed me for for tolls not owed. Aurora, Colorado

This toll company out of Colorado has repeatedly sent me bills for tolls that aren't mine.  They have sent three different bills, with late fees attached, for tolls that I do not owe.  One of the bills was from a collections agency posing as a law office.

The picture of a license plate that was attached to one of the bills was similar to mine, but not mine.  Nor was the vehicle mine. Each time I've contacted them, I was assured by their customer "service" agents that a note would be made to the account not to bill me as the license plate isn't on my vehicle.

I do not live in Colorado, nor have I driven in the Denver area in the last two years, however, they have repeated attempted to collect money from me for tolls on a vehicle that isn't mine. Does this at some point legally amount to extortion?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2011 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/E-470-Express-Toll-Colorado-Highway-Authority/Aurora-Colorado-80217/E-470-Express-Toll-Colorado-Highway-Authority-Billed-me-for-for-tolls-not-owed-Aurora-Co-813215. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E-470 Express Toll Colorado Highway Authority