Complaint Review: E-Bay

• Submitted: Fri, September 09, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, September 12, 2011

• Reported By: Moore — California USA
E-Bay

E-Bay dropped me from their protection program cause I used it, Internet

*Author of original report: Employee? Scamer?

*Consumer Comment: Why in the world would anyone buy jewelry unseen?

*Author of original report: eBay

*Author of original report: Scamer! Or ignorant !

*Consumer Comment: Seller reports?

*Consumer Suggestion: Ridiculous

*Author of original report: E-bay

*Author of original report: Consumer asked how many

*Consumer Suggestion: How many cases?

I have been buying for several years via ebay and now all of the sudden because I open cases on seller due to items not being as described ebay decided here is what they wrote We're writing to let you know that your purchases are no longer eligible for eBay Buyer Protection. You won't be able to open any cases in the Resolution Center.

Your coverage was suspended because we found a pattern of high case activity. This can include a high number of cases, high total dollar value of cases, or other factors". I guess your not suppose to buy too many things from E-Bay! Oh and if the seller's are sending you crap! instead of what they are discribing and selling to you on Ebay! its your fault for telling ebay! That you want your money back!!!

I will never bey from ebay I spoke with the customer rep and they informed me that the sellers were more important to them then the buyers!!!!!!! so good luck to all of you who use Ebay! as for me! I will never use Ebay again!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2011 10:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/E-Bay/internet/E-Bay-dropped-me-from-their-protection-program-cause-I-used-it-Internet-774777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E-Bay

Employee? Scamer?

AUTHOR: Moore - (USA)

It does appear via your posting that their may be some sort of employment relation, it's apparent i hit a nerve! Your posting is quite detailed in the many ways to scam eBay you must be an expert! As you cleary gave multiple examples! therefore the fact that eBay removed me from it's buyer protection, does allow all of the unscrupulous seller cartblanch to continue to use eBay as a gate way to defraud not just me, but all consumers! Making their site unsafe to use. The rest of your posting is meaningless to the issue at hand and a mute point. Consumers be wear! when you use eBay they may also drop your protection. I was reminded by the eBay representative that eBay makes money from the sellers therefore they will protect them! As in my case, and from what I read on this rip off site many other consumers have been dropped as well!

Why in the world would anyone buy jewelry unseen?

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

You don't have stores, even pawn shops, anywhere close by that you have to buy expensive jewelry on a site like eBay? Even worse, you buy the stuff from a seller based overseas, from China no less? Please don't tell us you weren't kind of begging for trouble sooner or later.

Some of us might sympathize more with you if you hadn't joined the club of dicks who rush to label anyone who argues with them an employee of the company they're complaining about. You obviously can't imagine how tiresome that gets, and us usual suspects have next to no tolerance for it, if any at all.

If eBay stripped you of your protection privileges it may be because they suspect you of being in cahoots with the sellers who ripped you off, in that they got paid by you, you either got the merchandise or a kickback from them on what you supposedly paid them, and you still get your money back. I'm not saying you or they did this, but only that it could be why eBay targeted you.

eBay

AUTHOR: Moore - (USA)

I purchased the items 8/15/11 I contacted the seller to get the return address to date they have not responded! The seller are from china, and taiwan, they have a 7 day return policy however if they don't respond for 9 days, your time is up and your stuck with the cheaper items they sent! And eBay gives sellers a 9 day response time, once again your time is up! And your stuck! Oh the sellers have closed their eBay accounts!

Scamer! Or ignorant !

AUTHOR: Moore - (USA)

You completely ignored the issue! And replied with utter ignorance! Or I hit a nerve and your a scamer, In either case your comment exudes your ignorance & is therefore meaningless!

Seller reports?

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

I bought 14k solid gold! & I received gold filled!

Did you make any RORs about the seller(s) who sold you the GF items?

I bought diamonds and I was sent crystall!

Did you make any RORs about the seller(s) who sold you the fake diamonds?

It would be nice to know who the scammers are and what they are selling.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Ridiculous

AUTHOR: Resty - (U.S.A.)

Do you have any clue how ridiculous you sound accusing someone of being an employee of the place you complained about simply because they didnt agree with you?  That retort is so old and oft used that it's ludicrous and lame at best.  You need new material.

E-bay

AUTHOR: Moore - (USA)

From your answer you work with e-bay! And or your a seller who's a scamer! I bought 14k solid gold! & I received gold filled! I bought diamonds and I was sent crystall! I therefore reported the scam! If this makes me picky! That's ok! However I can conclude that your truly an eBay employee or a seller who's a scamer! Therefore your opinion is meaningless & worthless! You must like getting scamed & or ripped off! I don't ! So let me sell you the golden gate bridge eventhough I don't own it & some swamp land that I also don't own! But if you compain that you didn't get why you paid for then Your also too picky!!

Consumer asked how many

AUTHOR: Moore - (USA)

Answer I bought about 21 items and 4 were not as described!

#9 Consumer Suggestion

How many cases?

AUTHOR: Josh - (U.S.A.)

I've used eBay for over 10 years now, and I have yet to open a single case.  Sounds like you are either way too picky, or are trying to scam them.  You are totally abusing the program, and they decided they would no longer put up with it.  What's wrong with that?