Complaint Review: E-Club Marketing Or The Elephant Group

• Submitted: Wed, November 02, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, June 27, 2007

• Reported By:Pinnacle North Carolina
E-Club Marketing Or The Elephant Group
e-club.com/index.aspx South Plainfield, New Jersey U.S.A.

E-Club Marketing Or The Elephant Group DISH Satellite ripoff South Plainfield New Jersey

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: e-club

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: French National

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: C'est Dommage

*Consumer Comment: Selfless Dedication

*Consumer Suggestion: Screwed Up?

*Author of original report: Re: This Boy is really dedicated

*Consumer Comment: This Boy is Really Dedicated

*Consumer Suggestion: Report to Govt Agencies

On 10/17/05, E-Club Marketing charged my credit card $19.05. After searching for this company, I found this website and read other people's accounts of the same charge after signing up for Dish Network. I, too, signed up with Dish Network. I have found out that E-Club Marketing is who you call when you think you are calling Dish Network. Once they get your Credit Card number for Dish, they proceed to charge your card the $19.05 (for what??? and without your permission or knowledge).

I believe this is a SCAM. When I called my credit card company, they told me that I did not need to send any documentation because this company has a policy with them that if anyone calls to protest a charge to just drop it. Doesn't that sound like they are charging people's card and hoping that they don't look at their statements?

When I called Dish Network about this, they gave me a number to call, but no one ever answered the phone; it just rang and rang and rang. Also when I called the number, 1-866-755-9008, the automated machine answered "The Elephant Group".

Mary
Pinnacle, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2005 06:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/E-Club-Marketing-Or-The-Elephant-Group/South-Plainfield-New-Jersey-07080/E-Club-Marketing-Or-The-Elephant-Group-DISH-Satellite-ripoff-South-Plainfield-New-Jersey-163100. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E-Club Marketing Or The Elephant Group

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

e-club

AUTHOR: Samantha - (U.S.A.)

i used to work for the elephant group as well, let me tell you a little bit about e-club. most people were not told about it. most people were slammed with it. countless times we have asked for a recording to be pulled and guess what? no recording found! its $19.23, not $1,923. They do not care if they slammed you and they dont care that your upset. just accept the refund of the LAST charge (no matter how many times you were charged before) and WALK away. its not worth your time or effort.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

French National

Jerry you are wrong....

I grew up in France and you can not translate things literally from French into English. Where I come from C'est Dommage means what a shame.

What is taught in the textbooks does not make for proper translations. So, you are the one who needs to go back and actually live in La Belle France! Quel Dommage is not even used in idiomatic French anymore....

Best of luck ripping the public off some more my friend and Enculez Vous! Look that one up. That is not in text books either!

AUTHOR: Jerry - (U.S.A.)

First: Best of luck in your new career...I hope you achieve nothing but success.

#6 UPDATE EX-employee responds

C'est Dommage

AUTHOR: Christopher - (U.S.A.)

Jerry, eveidently you work for Elephant Group, what is a scholar emeritus who speaks bad french doing working for such a company? Maybe your recruiters misrepresented the company to you also and you swallowed the bait!

I was offered a possilbe management position with your company but I was informed that I would have to start out as an inbound sales rep as the posting appears on Monster, Careerbuilder, and MSN job sites. NOT THE CASE, instead I am put on OUTBOUND calls to people who had failed credit.

The wage was listed as 24K-35K per year, that was bogus also.

This was just bridge job for me. I now have a REAL position as an executive with a MAJOR corporation probably making 3X what you make.

As for legal recourses, it has already been done...

By the way you need to brush up on your French. the correct idiom is C'est Dommage!

Chris

Selfless Dedication

AUTHOR: Jerry - (U.S.A.)

Christopher- You spent countless hours issuing a "rebuttal" to every complaint filed against this company on the rip-off report site....that doesn't show any altruism, just spite.

To you and everyone out there who feels wronged in life: We are fortunate to have legal recourse in many areas of our lives.....use it!

And to you Christopher, holder of many academic degrees and PhD candidate......a scholar emeritus like you working for a telemarketing company???? Quel Dommage!

Your energies are best spent elsewhere.

Consider it fate you were forced to improve your lot.

#8 Consumer Suggestion

Screwed Up?

AUTHOR: Christopher - (U.S.A.)

The only way I screwed up was to accept employment from the Elephant Group in the first place. I was let go because I disputed my wage due to misrepresentation of your recruiters-Wage Fraud is illegal. Furthermore, we are protected by certain laws and we can exercise free will in reporting violations of said laws to government agencies that enforce said laws.

The author of this excerpt is a PhD candidate and a holder of several degrees.

Re: This Boy is really dedicated

AUTHOR: Mary - (U.S.A.)

Obviously, Jerry works for this underhanded company because Christopher's suggestions were valid options.

This Boy is Really Dedicated

AUTHOR: Jerry - (U.S.A.)

Boy, Christopher, you are really exerting a lot of negative energy to smear this company.
I guess your parting from them wasn't very pretty.

It's good to see such a champion of consumer rights...Grow up boy, you screwed up and now can move on to bigger and better careers.

#11 Consumer Suggestion

Report to Govt Agencies

AUTHOR: Christopher - (U.S.A.)

Anyone can file a complaint about fraud and ripoffs online with these organizations:

1. Better Business Bureau http://www.bbb.org

2. Federal Trade Commission:

3. Federal Communications Commission:

Fill out the forms on the respective web pages and let the world know what a rip off companies like these are.