Complaint Review: E & G Coatings, L.L.C.

• Submitted: Wed, January 09, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, January 12, 2013

• Reported By: Henrietta — Bastrop Texas United States of America
E & G Coatings, L.L.C.
14398 Topperwein, Ste. 309 San Antonio, Texas United States of America

E & G Coatings, L.L.C. Victor Cantu Watered-down, Rubbersoul roof coating, with no labels, that washes off with first rain--refused refund of 1/2 purchase price, San Antonio, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Impartial Consumer Comment

*Consumer Comment: E&G Coatings has a great product! NO RIPOFF!

*Author of original report: Response to E&G Coatings Rebuttal

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: NOT DEFECTIVE OR WATERED DOWN

Roof coating manufacturer sold me pails of unlabeled, watered down coating made from recycled tires.  Some application instructions were obtained by a cell-phone calls to the company.  In spite of following application instructions, after curing for over about 10 days, the coating washed off at the first moderate rainfall, causing damage to the wooden flooring & walls in the building below.  The brochure claims the paint is waterproof.  It took weeks to get a paid invoice for the product.

Photos of missing coating from roof were sent to company and 1/2 purchase price was requested.  No refund was forthcoming, after numerous e-mails and phone calls and months of waiting.  Responses from the company were very slow in coming and no explanation about lack of labeling or consistency of coating was ever received.

Company offered to send more paint.  The paint is worthless, as far as I'm concerned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2013 07:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/E-G-Coatings-LLC/San-Antonio-Texas-78233/E-G-Coatings-LLC-Victor-Cantu-Watered-down-Rubbersoul-roof-coating-with-no-labels-994306. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E & G Coatings, L.L.C.

Impartial Consumer Comment

AUTHOR: Russ B - (USA)

I am a residential customer not affiliated with E&G coatings in any way but who has used E&G Coatings on two large fences.  We had them coat a large fence back in 2011 at our home.  The fence still looks good and the covering has been durable despite 100+ weather and hard water in the sprinklers in San Antonio.

In 2013 we moved to a different home and had them do that fence as well due to the positive experience the first time and harsh weather conditions that usually deteriorate normal stain pretty quickly here in San Antonio/Cibolo.  Victor was professional and we were pleased with the service both times. The coating was applied by Victor's company in both cases by his workers who were familiar with the product.  We have recommended their services to several friends which in my opinion is the highest endorsement a company can get.

E&G Coatings has a great product! NO RIPOFF!

AUTHOR: Bill - ()

First of all, I am writing this rebuttal completely unsolicited by either the original report writer or anyone associated with the company.  I am a residential customer of Mr. Cantu's who I contracted to coat my fence with his Rubber Soul product.  I stumbled across this ripoff report while doing a web search for Mr. Cantu's product to recommend to another homeowner and I felt I had to speak up on Victor Cantu's behalf:

Victor Cantu's workers sprayed the product very thoroughly on our fence in at least 2 coats over two and one-half years ago.  It looks just as good as when it was first applied--with absolutely NO DETERIORATION, in spite of the South Texas heat and grandchildren playing.  Everyone who sees the fence comments on the beauty and endurance of the coating which is absolutely loaded with texturized rubber compounds from recycled tires.

He even left about 1/2 gallon of the coating to use for any touch-up needs.  I have used it to touch up a small area of our fence that was damaged by a rock weilded by my 5-yr old granddaughter and it covered thickly and boded well with the original.

I have nothing but good to say about the product and Mr. Cantu's product.  I hope to see more of the unsightly wooden fences get coated with his product instaed of the fleeting sealers/paint applied by others.

Response to E&G Coatings Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Henrietta Heron - (United States of America)

I contacted Mr. Cantu of E&G Coatings about the consistency of the RubberSoul coating pails I picked up, explaining that it appeared quite watery.  I also mention that the pails containing the RubberSoul were not labeled.  He said he'd check into that batch of coating, regarding the consistency and the labeling and get back to me.  No response was ever received regarding those issues.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

NOT DEFECTIVE OR WATERED DOWN

AUTHOR: E & G COATINGS LLC - (United States of America)

Unfortunately, Mrs. Higgins had the product applied by someone that did not know what they were doing.  It is impossible that our product is watered down, unless the person she had apply it did it themselves.  Our product has never been an issue with any of our customers.  We are here to help and want our customers to be satisfied.  We offered Mrs. Higgins more of our product to help her cover what was not covered with our product, to make sure she was satisfied.  It did not wash off, she did not buy what she needed to buy and the person that applied it, rolled it on to thin.  She did not want more of our product because she put on a metal roof instead.   Only after all this, did she request  1/2 of the purchase price.   If the product was bad! why only request 1/2 of the price, I would want  all my money back.  We have sold our products To LOWES, I don't believe they like to buy defective products.

Please feel to call us anytime if you have questions regarding our products.

Victor