Complaint Review: E Harmony Online Dating

• Updated: Fri, March 14, 2014

• Reported By: Liza — Houston Texas
E Harmony Online Dating
2401 Colorado Ave., Ste. 200 Santa Monica, California USA

eharmony.com and EHarmony, Inc. Auto Renewal Scam, Renewed and charged my credit card for six more months without notice and despite me cancelling it Santa Monica California

Eharmony is most unethical company, and nobody should use them. They keep your credit card and auto renew without notice. I joined EHarmony in August of 2013 paid for six months of service upfront $239.70, in good faith I paid. I turned my account off after 3 months because it was not working for me, sending me people that were too young and not at all a match.  Dont' beleive the chemistry matching promise they advertise. I accepted terms that there was no refund. I knew i was at a loss for the remaining months I prepaid.  Kept my account turned off and told them I will not renew and I sent them an email that I would not renew. I also sent them a letter in the mail addressed to their Santa Monica, Calif office notifying them.  This was back in November/2013. Much to my surprise on February 24, 2014 EHarmony posted at $239.70 charge to my account.  I immediately contacted them and after holding and going rounds with custormer service they told me they cannot cancel the renewal as thier agreement states you must do so with 3 day notice. I asked them how can they charge me $239.70. for six more months especially that 1. I canceled their service back in November, I am on the phone with them the very day they charged my card alerting them and asking them to remove charge explaining that I do not wish to renew and the account has been turned off. Then the rep asked me if I found or met someone, irrelevant questions, the rep also offered to charge me for only 3 months. The rep continued to sell.  I said, please stop this renewal and remove the charge from my card. The rep said Eharmony would not remove it and will charge me for another six months fully knowing that I cancelled it.  I explained this was most unethical. I contacted Amercian Express immediately. All I can say, is thank goodness I have AMEX. Imagine if this was my checking account or bank card. They are the most unethical company. It is an internet company. They really do not care. A scam.  I do not recommend anyone use them. Very rude, they make it impossible to cancel by ignoring you. If you do decide to use them do NOT give them your credit card information. EHarmony will keep your card and continue to charge you. I set up a block on AMEX to prevent them from charing me again in six months -- they will. They will keep doing it as long as they can get away with it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2014 09:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/E-Harmony-Online-Dating/Santa-Monica-California-90404-/eharmonycom-and-EHarmony-Inc-Auto-Renewal-Scam-Renewed-and-charged-my-credit-card-for-1127157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E Harmony Online Dating