Complaint Review: E Harmony

• Submitted: Tue, March 03, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, July 11, 2009

• Reported By:Boca Raton Florida
E Harmony
www.EHarmony.com Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

E Harmony I Had Such Hope Los Angeles California

*Consumer Comment: Eharmony gives canned profiles

*Consumer Comment: Same here

*Consumer Comment: Finding true love on-line

*UPDATE Employee: A Response From eHarmony

I had such hope when I joined EHarmony. I am a nice middleaged woman who has had a career and has a lot to offer. I have done on line dating and find many of the men are there to date-not find a lasting relationship. I had seen ALL the EHarmony commercials that air every 15 seconds and was so hopeful that there was actually someone with a brain to find some men of quality. I wanted someone in my area since it comes down to that being the most natural way to date and begin a relationship. They sent me all types of matches but as soon as I paid for my membership that changed. I was sent matches from hundreds of miles away. I was sent nothing like I was looking for...not age range. distance or background appropriate. They said I needed to change my profile. I did and the matches got worse. When they sent a decent one, I got no response back. Finally after 1 month into a 3 month membership, They stopped sending matches alltogether. THIS IS NOT A GOOD SITE. DO NOT GET RIPPED OFF FROM THEM. The only thing they want to help you with is to part you from your money!

Disappointed
Boca Raton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2009 06:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/E-Harmony/Los-Angeles-California/E-Harmony-I-Had-Such-Hope-Los-Angeles-California-430189. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E Harmony

Eharmony gives canned profiles

AUTHOR: Kwtrucks - (U.S.A.)

Listen,
Eharmony had to be one of the most disappointing experiences I have had with online sights.
I hear about "scientists" analyzing your matches...
come on, the ask you 100 differnt ways about what is a priority to you
i.e. "put the following in order which is more important"
A) work
B) family
c) money
ect..ect..

Then your match results read with those numeric responses..not personal writing.

You see a match that says
"Family is most important to me"
"Money is least important to me"

And I tell you what..once the a,b,c's dont match..they start sending anyone within the area of miles you will date..

Its not very personal and very hard to go thru especially if they dont have a pic !

Same here

AUTHOR: Jocko - (U.S.A.)

I tried the service and have actually did research afterward and understand the service a little more. I was in my early 40's when I joined and their matches to me where older ladies; much older in their 60's. But my profile stated I liked younger ladies and I was very specific. The few matches I got were not what I expected; and the results of their test confirmed exactly that but they sent something totally different as matches. In regards to that one match you liked, they have this little scam going on Eharmony; those matches that don't reply are usually people who join on free weekend or are non-paying clients just checking out this service. I have known many that use Eharmony and not one was a match that ended up in anything other than maybe one date and finally those who I know have also dropped the service. I don't know if I would go so far as to call it a scam but I would say its just as much as a meat market as other dating sites; just costs 2 times as much. The money back offer is only for the first months paid subscription and after that they will not refund. I complained to them also, but since I was 1/2 way through my second continuous month they quickly told me no refund was available. Then they told me the same crap about staying for 6 months. I would love to see the real numbers about this service; not just the same 4 couples on TV. I wonder if they are even still together....

Finding true love on-line

AUTHOR: Inspector - (U.S.A.)

All of these match making services are the same. It is what you expect from it. I could never figure out how they could accurately pick the love of your life by just the information you provide.

Everyone has high expectations and standards and sometimes just making some compromises helps.

You don't like long distance relationships but, I have discovered that you can find out the true nature of people by not communicating face to face. I am more open in letters than in real life. Another plus to this is, if the relationship develops and the person is willing to also make the long distance sacrifice, then maybe there is something there.

The physical part can wait, before I made the long term decision I wanted a friend first. This to me, is the most important aspect of a relationship and the most difficult hurdle to overcome.

I wish you the best of luck finding your true soul mate. I found the woman that I will spend the rest of my life with on-line and we have been married now for 6 years. Try not to be too harsh on the match making services, they are doing the hardest job of all, trying to meet your expectations and of course making a profit from it. If it were easy, you would do it yourself.

A Response From eHarmony

AUTHOR: Eharmony_jack - (U.S.A.)

Dear Disappointed,

We regret to hear that you have not had a positive experience on eHarmony and that you were disappointed with the types and number of matches you received.

eHarmony delivers only compatible matches to you, so the volume can vary at different times. You can control the number of matches you receive by adjusting settings like a match's geographic proximity, age, etc. We encourage members to be open to as many types of matches as possible while still taking into account your non-negotiable match requirements. Please keep in mind, however, that restrictive settings directly affect the number of matches you get.

Using eHarmony also can be a process that takes a commitment of time. On average, our successful members dedicated 3-6 months to their search before they were successfully matched. Sometimes it can take a bit longer.

If you haven't already, I'd strongly encourage you to contact our Customer Care team, http://is.gd/lORS. We want each of our members to have a good experience on eHarmony and our Customer Care agents can give you feedback and suggestions to help you have a better experience.

-Jack