• Report: #204889

• Submitted: Mon, August 07, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, July 22, 2008

• Reported By:Greenville Ohio
E-Machines
PO Box 72999 Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

E-Machines Mail in rebate rip off Detroit, Young America Michigan Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Rebate Ripoff

*Consumer Comment: Rebate Ripoff

A couple of years ago I was looking for a computer for my daughters. e_machines had an add for a decent desktop with a huge - $300.00 - rebate.

I bought the computer and sent in the paperwork within the alloted time. I waited several months for the check and finally received a letter denying the rebate. The denial made no sense, it was full of jargon and numeric codes.

I wrote back - they denied. This went on several times. Each time they denied the claim they gave a different excuse.

I did everything exactly as they listed it on the paperwork. I should have received the rebate. Instead I was ripped off by a small time maker of a mediocre computer.

By the way, I received the rebate from Lexmark that I filed the same day. I bought the printer the same day as the rest, mailed them together, and had no problems with Lexmark. Both companies had the same deadlines and requirements.

Dennis
Greenville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2006 10:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/E-Machines/Detroit-Michigan-55553/E-Machines-Mail-in-rebate-rip-off-Detroit-Young-America-Michigan-Minnesota-204889. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E-Machines

Rebate Ripoff

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

I purcased an E-Machines computer from Best Buy. I sent in all the forms and UPC info from the boxes from the mainframe and monitor two days after I bought them. After two months I called, they told me that they got the forms too late to send me the rebate, I asked them to send me photocopies of the envelopes to prove the postage date, they refused. I contacted Best Buy, they also refused to help me; I have spent a lot of money in that store, I refuse to step foot back in there. Both Companies are complete rip-offs, and I will never buy anything based on a price that has to do with a rebate.

Rebate Ripoff