Complaint Review: E TOUR & TRAVEL

• Updated: Tue, October 10, 2006

• Reported By:clearwater Florida
E TOUR & TRAVEL
etourandtravel.com Internet U.S.A.

E TOUR & TRAVEL ripped me off lied to me charged account before i gave permission (and for 2x as much) attempted to call them back to cancel but no "representative" answered phone on hold until cell phone battery died Internet

*Author of original report: E-Tour & Travel Update

I am new to the internet. I attempted to close a pop-up window and suddenly found myself applying for free tickets to Universal Studios.

On 9/29/06, I received a phone call from Philip, who worked at E-Tours and Travel. I told him that I couldn't afford the trip ($398), and was transferred to his supervisor Elysa. She tried to get me to put a partial payment down, and I told her that I only had $12.95 in the bank, and wouldn't get paid for another week. I stupidly gave her my checking account number.

Friday, 10/6/06, I received a phone call from Elysa about the $398 trip. It sounded great, but I couldn't afford it. She said that it was already arranged for the entire amount to be taken from my account. I told her that the arrangement was for a partial payment -- if I decided to take the tour. Elysa said that she could do it for $198, and the balance to be paid in 4 monthly payments. I agreed to that.

However, after a few minutes, I attempted to contact them and stop the deal. I called all the phone numbers that I was given, and automated system put me on hold for the "next available representative." No one answered the phone. The incoming phone number on my cell phone was consistantly busy. This number is different from the contact number she had given me. I attempted that number until my cell battery was depleted. I tried to call from my work phone several times, but finally had to leave the office for the night.

I checked my bank statement online, and discovered that they had already debited the entire $398 from my account. This is going to cause at least $300 in overdraft fees, and there is nothing I can do about it until Tuesday, because Monday is a holiday.

Connie
Clearwater, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2006 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/E-TOUR-TRAVEL/internet/E-TOUR-TRAVEL-ripped-me-off-lied-to-me-charged-account-before-i-gave-permission-and-for-214584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E TOUR & TRAVEL

E-Tour & Travel Update

AUTHOR: Connie - (U.S.A.)

I finally was able to contact E-Tour Saturday morning, October 7, 2006, and spoke with Raina. I told her that I wanted to cancel my vacation and get a refund.

I explained that I had only authorized a $198 down payment, but the entire $398 was charged to my debit card. Raina said that she would authorize a refund, and cancel the vacation.

That was 3 days ago, and my bank statement does not show any further actions taken by E-Tour.

I contacted my bank today and cancelled my debit card. I will have to return tomorrow to file a fraud affidavit against E-Tour. In the meantime, I will have approximately $300 in over-draft charges against my bank account.