Complaint Review: E-Tel Response, GVD, Great Vacation Destinations, Show Smart, Ramada Plaza Resorts,

• Submitted: Fri, September 29, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, September 12, 2007

• Reported By:P-Town Ontario
615 Yonge St. Toronto, Ontario Canada

E-Tel Response, GVD, Great Vacation Destinations, Show Smart, Ramada Plaza Resorts, Ripoff, Liar's, Scammers, Cheat's, Thieve's Toronto, Ontario Canada Boca, Florida

*Consumer Comment: enjoyed my vacation

*Author of original report: You've Been Scammed

*Consumer Comment: Have I been scammed?

*Consumer Comment: 647 Area Code

This company is truly one of the best scams I've ever seen, heard of, and unfortunately had to be employed by. They will contact you from a phone number with area code (647)438-????. They will contact you between the hours of 5:30-10:45pm EST.

They will begin by telling you that you have been selected out of thousands of enteries from a trade show, or any event from your area. Then they will proceed to ask you some personal information to verify that it is you that filled out the form. They will then ask if your spouse or common law partner is available, (as they are not allowed to do their bull*&*& vacation package info without them on the phone)

At this time they will begin there crap vacation speech that is writen on paper in front of there eyes. This will go on for about 5-10 minutes. Then will inform you that they are going to print your tickets before you even say anything. They will come back to the phone 5-10 sec later saying that they have your tickets in front of them. (which is Crap) Some will proceed to give you ticket numbers which are invalid (seeing there are no tickets in front of them)

Now they will ask you for the important thing, yes your credit card number. Where they will then deduct $698 US funds from your card right away. What they sometimes forget to tell you is that you are fully responsible for getting your self there, meaning pay for your own airfare. Paying any taxes on the car rental, your hotel, and your cruise port fees. You also get three free vacations to Las Vegas, Williamsburg, and yes Branson. What garbage bonus trips, but again you have to get yourself there.

If you are suckered into this, they say that you will be conneceted to their verification department and say that is in Florida. NOT!! (they are in the same office you spoke to your promotional director, Toronto, ON) If you get a verification officer by the name of Frank Burns, it is false. There is no Frank Burns in the office. That is your first sign that this is a scam. (if you haven't found out already)

Please do not fall for this vacation package, it may sound very good at first but in the long run you will end up paying threw the nose for it.

Please feel free to reply to this as I would like to know your feedback from this RIPOFF company, and here your story. I will get back to you.

X Promotional Director of GVD, Ramada Plaza Resorts

M
P-Town, Ontario
Canada

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Ramada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2006 05:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/E-Tel-Response-GVD-Great-Vacation-Destinations-Show-Smart-Ramada-Plaza-Resorts/Toronto-Ontario/E-Tel-Response-GVD-Great-Vacation-Destinations-Show-Smart-Ramada-Plaza-Resorts-Ripoff-213434. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E-Tel Response, GVD, Great Vacation Destinations, Show Smart, Ramada Plaza Resorts,

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Girlfromtoronto - (Canada)

****IF YOU PUT DOWN "MR. ***HOLE" AS YOUR NAME BUT YOU SAY YOU HAVE A CREDIT CARD THEY WILL STILL CALL YOU****

I used to work for this company a few years ago, and it is the biggest scam ever!! The company brings you into their office and gives you a group interview which is for 3 hours. They then pick the best people who will fit the job. You then start to work there the next week. They promise you all of these great benifits and incentives (which never happen.) They tell you that you have 3 days of paid training. However, they only pay you for your training after 3 weeks (because they know most people will not last this long) You start to work there and you are in this small room with aprox. 30-45 other people in these small little booths.

They give you a script in which you have to read to everyone. They also give you these sheets with different "come backs" to say to people who dont want to give up their credit cards. They then give you 10 ballots that people filled out and make you start calling them. They tap into your line once and a wait to see if you are really calling people. You are told you have to go by the script word for word. The reason for this is, if you dont you could add something in that wasn't true.

We had to start off by saying "hi (Mr. so and so)?, yes this is (our name) from great vacation destinations and reciently you were at the (location where the ballot was filled out) and you filled out a ballot for a vacation. Do you remember this (mr. so and so)? (yes) ok good. After we have reviewed our demographics we have selected you for this vacation!! (wow) YOUR GOING TO FLORIDA!! All i have to do is verify that this is actually you." Then we would take the ballot form and just read everything you filled out right back to you. We would then continue talking about how great this big vacation is. We then have to ask for 399 usd per person. When the customer agrees to give the credit card nember we then tell the manager on duty and then he/she will come on the phone a few minutes later and take your information further. and before you know it you have a vacation you never really wanted!!

When we would call we were NEVER aloud to say you WON a vacation. That word is not in the script!!! iIt says you ahve been selected NOT WON!!!

Also, If you are iffy about the company the sales person will tell you to call the company yourself. THIS IS BULL!!! They give you the phone number for the supervisor who is sitting across from them. When you call, you listen to what this person says and then you start to believe them... HE IS A PHONY TOO!!!

If you go to these shows never fill out that you have a credit card. once you dont check of the box where it says you have credit card you do not qualify.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

enjoyed my vacation

AUTHOR: Shilo - (U.S.A.)

i bought my vaction from great vaction destinations last year, all i had to pay was the airfare and that was explained to me outright, they operate under a company called bluegreen resorts which is exchanged on NY stock exchange. Now these people are not going to risk their reputation if it were a scam.

i went on this vacation and all i had to sit through was a time-share presentation which was by choice. not to mention i was served dinner during the presentation. i didn't have time for staying and speaking with the reps because they were bombared with so many people wanting to buy into the time-shares. i just got up and left . but i enjoyed my vacation, both me and my husbend are doing it again.

so whoever posted their remark is apparently an upset employee and that's sad. i spoke with a very nice young lady from ny and she assured me it was not a scam and then she went on to explain why. she had no reason to lie. it was an 8 day vacation to florida and the bahamas like she had explained. the only thing she may have lied about was the arrival of the package which she said was 14 days, i got it sooner then that i got it in 6 days.

i called the 1 800 number she gave me to tell her i had got it, but they relayed the message to her. it's a great company. seriously where can you find a $2500 vacation for 299 a person i did, and i got lucky. so if you get the call i urge you to take it you won't regret.

You've Been Scammed

AUTHOR: M - (Canada)

Call the toll free number and tell them that you would like to cancel your package. Legally you have 30 days to cancel any purchase made with your credit card company. Do it as soon as possible. Do not fall for these great sounding vacations anymore.

M
P-Town, Ontario
Canada

Have I been scammed?

AUTHOR: Leisa - (U.S.A.)

Ok, I just got a call from someone about a trip I won and I was just wondering if you could tell me if it was legit or not.

I went to this Bridal Show where they had different booths set up to win prizes. Well, I just got a call from someone telling me that they drew my name from the box along with a couple of other people to win a Disney Honeymoon. I cant really remember if I put my name in a booth like that because it was such a big show with so many booths.

Anyways, I cant remember the name of the company but they told me about the all expense paid trip to Orlando, Daytona Beach, and Ft. Lauderdale along with 4 passes for Sterling cruise. They were talking so fast that I couldnt understand what they were saying but they seemed pretty nice. They told me that they would be sending a package to me in the mail and they even gave me a tracking number to track it on usps. They gave me a phone number to call if I had any questions which was 888-871-6461 and she told me that her name was Cheryl. But the funny thing is that she called from the number 727-526-9195.

Somehow by the end of the conversation, i ended up giving her my credit card number. I had no idea what it was for cause she was talking so fast. She said that $398 would be charged. Well, I gave her a credit card number that didnt have enough money on it and she called me back and asked for another number. Stupid me, I gave her another number. She also told me that the trip was good for 1 year and I could extend it for no charge if I wanted.

The reason why Im asking if this was a scam is because my situation didnt match up exactly with all the other comments left on here. If it was a scam, I feel so stupid for falling for it. I couldnt help it because it was a honeymoon vacation and my fiance and I dont have much money and a free honeymoon sounded great.

Please help me out. Please tell me that I didnt get scammed cause I will feel so stupid telling my fiance that I was scammed TWICE! (it happened a few weeks ago with another company) How can I take care of this situation without my fiance knowing? Please help me! Im begging you!

647 Area Code

AUTHOR: Francesca - (Canada)

647 area code is a new and legitimate area code for Toronto. It came into effect about 3 or 4 years ago.