Complaint Review: E Tour And Travel

• Submitted: Sun, May 27, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, May 27, 2007

• Reported By:Channelview Texas
E Tour And Travel
3626 Quadrangle Blvd Otlsnfo, Florida U.S.A.

E Tour And Travel Scam - Misrepresentation - Theives - Ripoff Company Orlando Florida

I was contacted by E Tour and Travel offering me 3 days in Orlando and 3 days at Daytona Beach and a rental car for 7 days. I asked them if this was a timeshare and they said yes.

I was promised 4 free tickets to both Universal Studios and Island of Adventure. When I got the package it was for either Universal Studios or Island of Adventure.

The reason the lady promised me both Universal Studios and Island of Adventures was I told her that I had a 14 year old granddaughter and a mentally handicaped grandson with Autistic like symptons and was PDD-NOS (pervasive developmental disorder). I told her that I had heard that Universal Studios was mostly for the older kids amd that was why I had never been to Universal Studios and why I go to Disney World.

She told me that Universal Studios was for the younger kids and Island of Adventure was for the older kids. She said that she could give me both Universal Studios and Island of Adventure so that both my granddaughter and grandson could have a good time. She also told me that if I bought another child 13 or younger that I would be able to get an extra ticket after I got to Orlando.

The lady told me that I would have 15 days to change my mind. She did not tell me the 15 days started when I purchased the package.

I had a family emergency and had to leave town, the package had not arrived when I left. After returning home, I reveiwed the package.

I found that the package was for either Universal Studios or Island of Adventure not both of them like I was promised. It also looked like the tickets were buy 1 and get 1 free. I was promised at least 4 tickets to both parks.

I called on the 15th day and was told they had to verify my credit card number before they could cancel. I gave them the number I thought I had used and was told that was not correct. I told him I would have to call back because my husband must have the card. He told me okay. By the time my husband got home, they had closed. I called him the next day and he told me he could not help me that I would have to e-mail the Complaints Department. He gave me and e-mail address that kept coming back to me. I then called the reservation number and asked for a phone number for the Complaints Department. They would not give me a phone number they said I had to e-mail them and she gave me the same e-mail address the first guy had given me. I then went on their website and e-mailed them.

I got and e-mail back telling me they could not help me. I then got a letter in the mail telling me to call them. I called them but they said they could not help me. She said she could not give me the tickets and that I was still getting a good deal.

Suzy
Channelview, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2007 11:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/E-Tour-And-Travel/Otlsnfo-Florida-32817/E-Tour-And-Travel-Scam-Misrepresentation-Theives-Ripoff-Company-Orlando-Florida-250752. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E Tour And Travel