Complaint Review: E-Trade.com, E-Trade Financial, E-Trade Securities LLC

• Updated: Thu, January 21, 2010

• Reported By: Anoukis — west hollywood California USA
E-Trade.com, E-Trade Financial, E-Trade Securities LLC
us.etrade.com Merrifield, Virginia United States of America

E-Trade.com, E-Trade Financial, E-Trade Securities LLC ETrade has stolen from my account Merrifield , Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Etrade is Evil and they ripped me off

*Author of original report: E*Trade sells my stock to pay for fees

My story is similar to that of Craig, from Plano, and a number of other individuals. It appears that on 9/28/2008. Etrade simply liquidated, at a considerably lesser value, and without informing me, the shares I had bought on 3/15/2000 for $1,107.45, in order to pay for the accumulated $25 "account maintenance fees" they had started charging me at some point in time.

According to a customer service representative I contacted recently, the account was considered "dormant". Of course it was: I was waiting for the value of the shares to increase again to an acceptable level to sell them and limit my loss. So, it was simply closed without my knowledge, with Etrade helping themselves to my money... I thought I would sell my shares these days, and get at least a fraction of my money back. I have nothing left.

This is nothing less than grand larceny, fraud, usury, deception, etc. And since when is $25 an acceptable account maintenance fee?

I would gladly join a class action suit to stop these thieves from operating ever again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2009 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/E-Tradecom-E-Trade-Financial-E-Trade-Securities-LLC/Merrifield-Virginia-22116-1542/E-Tradecom-E-Trade-Financial-E-Trade-Securities-LLC-ETrade-has-stolen-from-my-account-499210. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E-Trade.com, E-Trade Financial, E-Trade Securities LLC

Etrade is Evil and they ripped me off

AUTHOR: sgtfury - (United States of America)

I had stock that I have held for ten years, sold by evil etrade to cover their exorbitant quarterly charges. They did not ask my permission, and I am pissed. EvilEtrade should be shut down.

I aim to collect some of my loss by bad mouthing Etrade every time I get a chance. I've built a site that will make a tiny bit of money every time the page is loaded. Click on the links and I'll make a tiny bit more, all at the cost of the reputation of those scumbags at eTrade. www eviletrade dot com.

SgtFury

E*Trade sells my stock to pay for fees

AUTHOR: Anoukis - (U.S.A.)

If, like me, you have been victims of E*Trade charging you hidden fees, please contact FINRA at www.finra.org

E*Trade replied to their inquiry by maintaining that I received their statements. They simply stopped sending them when they started charging me monthly fees.

If I had been aware of that, I would simply have closed by account & sold my stock, even at a loss.