Complaint Review: E-Z Car Credit

• Updated: Fri, May 21, 2010

• Reported By: Anoymous — palm harbor Florida United States of America
E-Z Car Credit
6801 Park Blvd Pinellas Park, Florida United States of America

E-Z Car Credit Sold me a bad car, refused to fix what was promised, treated me badly Pinellas Park, Florida

*Author of original report: Help!!

On May 4, 2010 I purchased a 2001 Audi from E-Z Car Credit 6801 Park Blvd, Pinellas Park, Fl. 33781. (727-289-7188) The salesman was Blair Poindexter.

At the time of sale Chris put in a work order to fix the dashboard electric that was not working and replace a small cover on the front bumper, the turn signals were also not working correctly. I was told if there were any problems, not to worry they would take care of it, even though the sale was as is. The business card clearly says 2 year/ 24,000 warranty. I was told to bring the car in to have the work done. On Thursday May 6, I took the car in and was told there were no mechanics available. On Friday May 7, I was told no one would be available until Tuesday May 11. Monday May 10, I was driving down US Highway 19 near Sunset Point Road and all the lights on the dashboard went on and I lost all power. I pulled over as fast as I could and called Blair at E-Z car credit and he told me not to worry, to have the car towed there and they would take care of it, which I did. I called on Tues May 11, and was told by Blair that my son broke the oil pan. When I tried to tell him that I was driving and that all the lights had gone on and I lost all power, he became rude and hung up on me. I was hysterical and when I tried to call back, he would not answer. On Wednesday May 12, I called and spoke with Chris. He told me a rock or golf ball must have flown into the oil pan and he would try to get it fixed under the warranty. He asked me for more paperwork for the finance company. I had a co-worker call Chris again later in the day because I was not given a straight answer about what was wrong with the car and if it would cost me anything. Chris told him that he would call me the next day and he thought the warranty would cover it. On Thursday, May 13 Chris called me and said that they had ordered the part and would not know the damage until after it was installed. Again I asked for a price and was told not to worry about it. I asked if they were also going to fix the original problems and he said yes. He again asked for more paperwork. On Friday, May 14 I called for Chris twice and was told he was busy and would return my call, which he never did. On the third call Blair was put on the phone and stated that the car had been fixed and if I wanted it back I would have to pay $460 or they would charge me storage. He spoke to me in a very rude and abusive manner. I was never given an estimate or given a chance to have it fixed elsewhere. When I asked if they had fixed the turn signals and other original problems, he said he would not fix them until I paid the $460 and said not to bother him anymore until I was coming down with the money and hung up on me. My coworker then called and asked to speak to Chris and was told Chris had nothing to do with it. He asked to speak to the mechanic and was told that was not possible. He asked to speak to the manager and was told his name was J.D. but he would not come to the phone. I am afraid to go and pick up the car because of the abusive way I was treated by Blair. I dont know what else is wrong with the car and I cannot get any answers from anyone. I work two jobs and lost work from both because they kept my car for 5 days and gave me no information. I was never given an estimate or the chance to fix it elsewhere, just told to pay $460 or else.  I realize it was my mistake buying a car as is and believing they were honest people, but I dont deserve to be treated like this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2010 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/E-Z-Car-Credit/Pinellas-Park-Florida-33781/E-Z-Car-Credit-Sold-me-a-bad-car-refused-to-fix-what-was-promised-treated-me-badly-Pine-603497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E-Z Car Credit

Help!!

AUTHOR: Anoymous - (United States of America)

The car is now sitting in my driveway and doesn't work at all. I don't know what to do can someone reading this please give me some idea what to do.