Complaint Review: E Z PAWN

• Submitted: Wed, May 28, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, May 28, 2003

• Reported By:amarillo Texas
E Z PAWN
GEORGIA & 3RD AMARILLO, Texas U.S.A.

E Z Pawn DOGG DIGITAL SPEAKERS Additional warning ripoff AMARILLO Texas

Additional warning about DOGG DIGITAL SPEAKERS.
I am a regular buyer at the EZ Pawn shops. I am usually on first name basis with the employees at the stores.
Today I went into the store and seen the speakers still in the original boxes with the ad taped on the front of the box saying that EACH speaker retailed for $999.95. The EZ PAWN has them marked for $300.00 for the pair.

I asked the employee how long they had them out and when he said about 30 days that was my first clue. If these were $2k worth of speakers selling for $300.00 they would have gone out the back door because one of the employees would have bought them.

I went home an looked them up on the net and bingo! I was right. The first thing I do is go to my computer and go to COPERNIC.COM. This is a excellent multipule search engine that you type in your key word and you will get ton's of hits. I know the clerk knew they were scam speakers just by the way he was acting.

I think it is inappropiate the store displays the bogus ad right there on the box. Im not sure but I would think that a pawn shop could be held accountable for false advertising.

Marty
amarillo, Texas

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info, salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2003 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/E-Z-PAWN/AMARILLO-Texas/E-Z-Pawn-DOGG-DIGITAL-SPEAKERS-Additional-warning-ripoff-AMARILLO-Texas-58722. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E Z PAWN