Complaint Review: E-Z Payday.

• Submitted: Tue, October 28, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, October 30, 2008

• Reported By:Satellite Beach Florida
E-Z Payday.
725 27th Avenue SW Vero Beach, Florida U.S.A.

E-Z Payday Liars and Thieves Vero Beach Florida

*Author of original report: E-Z Payday Liars and Thieves Vero Beach Florida

In 2003 I took out a payday advance loan at E-Z Payday, Inc. at their Palm Bay, Florida location for a little over $500. When it was time to pay them, I still was short funds, so I kept re-doing the loan. I had an old car, it was summertime in Florida, the electric windows completely died with the windows UP, and I had to get the window motor fixed. The manager suggested a two-week extension. I asked for it in writing. He said not to worry; it's verbal, but he did write down my new due date on a little green card. I had already paid down about $250 of it at that point.

One week later a woman called from that office and told me my payment was due. I told her who had suggested the extension, and asked if I needed to come in and show her the card. She said that would not be necessary. Then she deposited the check, resulting in NSF. The NSF resulted in more NSFs, plus penalties from the people who got the checks, costing me about $160. My position was, deduct the $160 from my balance, and that is what I will pay you. We never quite came to an agreement.

I actually have a letter from them AGREEING their employee was at fault, and then stating they aren't going to do anything about it!

Over the years, they have requested an amicable settlement (my solution WAS the amicable settlement!). They have threatened me with garnishing my wages, blacklisting me so that I can't write checks at WalMart and other stores (big deal--I've been writing checks and using my debit card, and everybody seems happy to accept both).

But their LATEST tactic was to sic United Processing, Inc. on me! (Feel free to look up this outfit; there are LOTS of posts against them, including mine!) United Processing pretended to be calling on behalf of the Brevard County Court System, threatened me with arrest, etc.

At this point, I would rather walk into a den of lions wearing a suit of porkchops than ever deal with a payday advance loan place again.

Lynda
Satellite Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2008 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/E-Z-Payday/Vero-Beach-Florida-32968/E-Z-Payday-Liars-and-Thieves-Vero-Beach-Florida-385689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E-Z Payday.

E-Z Payday Liars and Thieves Vero Beach Florida

AUTHOR: Lynda - (U.S.A.)

I have been in touch with the Office of the Attorney General and have received a very lengthy response with several links. One of the links took me to a document that states, in part:

"Do not agree to hold a check, even for a few hours. Accepting a check and agreeing to hold it for any period of time gives you notice that there are insufficient funds available in the checking account when the check is given to you, and because of that circumstance, if the check is dishonored by the bank, it cannot be prosecuted for the crime of Passing Worthless Bank Check. Such a check may be resolved by a civil suit in Small Claims Court." (How to Protect Yourself: Worthless Bank Checks; Source: Florida Attorney General's Office)

Now, I'm no attorney. But the way I interpret this is, when E-Z Payday accepted this check from me, and agreed to hold it for 2 weeks, knowing full well there were insufficient funds to cover it--they relinquished all rights to prosecute me as a criminal.