Complaint Review: E-Z Rent a Car

• Updated: Fri, July 12, 2013

• Reported By: Steve — Ramsey Minnesota
E-Z Rent a Car
2003 McCoy Road Suite A Orlando, Florida USA

E-Z RENT-A-CAR FALSE DAMAGE CLAIM - CHARGING FOR MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN! Orlando Florida

I rented a car from the Denver Airport location.  The car broke down on the highway leaving me stranded for over 4 hours waiting for EZ Rent-a-car bring a replacement vehicle.  Upon returning home from my trip I recieved a bill for over $3200 for repairs to the cars transmission.   Let me be clear.  I was not in an accident.  The car was only driven on the highway for the short trip from Denver to Beaver Creek.  There were no visible signs of damage to the car.  I am a 47 year old professional traveling for business.  This car was not abused.  Normal highway driving. Nothing unusual at all.

I was completely shocked to get an invoice for damages.  When I called to explain that there was no accident, this was a mechanical breakdown I was told I must have hit something and that damaged the transmission.  After explaining my experience to the claims representaive I believed they would fix their error and drop the claim.  Several weeks went by until today when I recevied a demand letter to pay the $3200 or they will send me to collections.

I rented from EZ because they had the best advertised price.  Do not risk doing business with this company.  Pay more if needed but rent from someone, anyone else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2013 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/E-Z-Rent-a-Car/Orlando-Florida-32809/E-Z-RENT-A-CAR-FALSE-DAMAGE-CLAIM-CHARGING-FOR-MECHANICAL-BREAKDOWN-Orlando-Florida-1066458. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E-Z Rent a Car