Complaint Review: E470 Public Highway Authority

• Submitted: Tue, August 09, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, December 30, 2012

• Reported By: Unhappy Citizen — Albuquerque New Mexico United States of America
E470 Public Highway Authority
5000 Osage Street, Suite 100 Denver, Colorado United States of America

E470 Public Highway Authority E470 Express Toll attempting to rip off people Denver, Colorado

*Consumer Suggestion: Do what I did.

*Consumer Comment: Don't make mistakes???

This is a private company that owns and operates a toll road in the Denver area.  Although I have never been on this toll road, I received a bill for tolls.  I called them and said it must be a mistake - but was told they didn't make mistakes.

I wasn't in Colorado when the tolls were charged, and the license plate was not mine.  They insisted it was mine and demanded payment.

I was emailed a photo of the license plate - which my Motor Vehicle Department tells me is registered to another person in another town - although it had been registered to me some 20 years ago and expired.

The E-470 company representative at first refused to attempt any correction and demanded that I provide proof it wasn't my car, but after speaking to a supervisor, she said they will look into it.

As far as I am concerned, this is an attempted scam.  Even if you avoid E-470, you may be billed for tolls!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2011 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/E470-Public-Highway-Authority/Denver-Colorado-80221/E470-Public-Highway-Authority-E470-Express-Toll-attempting-to-rip-off-people-Denver-Color-762920. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E470 Public Highway Authority

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Do what I did.

AUTHOR: Ron - (U.S.A.)

I kept getting a bill from these scam artists (E-470 Highway Clowns) They finally sent it to collections. I called MY state attorney and his office advised that they are looking into these people because they have had other complaints. DO NOT PAY these pot heads! If anything shows up on your credit report then sue the pants off them. I intend to do just that. Send a e-mail to you State Attorney and carbon copy the State Attorney in Colorado. The thing that bothers me is that I have NEVER been in Colorado and I sure as hell am not going now. I really want to know where they got my name and why it is attached to a tag that is not even from my state.

Don't make mistakes???

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

What a bunch of lying SCUMBAGS!