Complaint Review: E470 Public Highway Authority

• Submitted: Thu, June 16, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, June 16, 2011

• Reported By: Lois — Aurora Colorado United States of America
E470 Public Highway Authority

E470 Public Highway Authority Collection system flawed to their benefit Internet

I'm furious that the collection system is so flawed for collecting tolls on E-470.  My daughter just received these violations on Tuesday, 1 year and 5 months later.  This is the first we knew anything about it!  When I called the collection agency to inquire about these late notices and crazy penalties, the customer service representative hung up on me.
I have read on the back of the Summary of Charges that under Colorado law, even if  the Violation Notice was not sent sooner, it is not a legal defense.  In other words, telling the truth about not getting this Violation sooner does not hold up in Colorado.  Also on the back of the Summary there is a statement that says that toll evasion may be deemed a theft of service.  Civil penalties imposed on my daughter is $370.  Now who's the theif?
As the mother, I will have to pay this for my daughter.  She has a little baby and I am a widow who will have to squeeze the budget to pay $426.50 in tolls, penalties and late fees.  I really think the E-470 Highway Authority really messed with us on this. There is no wiggle room on this.  It is all fixed in their favor.
Everyone stay off E-470!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2011 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/E470-Public-Highway-Authority/internet/E470-Public-Highway-Authority-Collection-system-flawed-to-their-benefit-Internet-741674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E470 Public Highway Authority