Complaint Review: E470

• Submitted: Sat, November 03, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, November 03, 2012

• Reported By: djoseph10 — Kansas City Kansas United States of America
E470
22470 E. 6th Parkway, Suite 110, Aurora, CO 80018 Aurora, Colorado United States of America

E470 470 Toll Road, CO Rip off When Using Rental Cars Aurora, Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Rental Car Use of E-470

I recently traveled through the E470 toll road in a rental car.  There is no way to pay your toll in cash on this tollway, and they take a picture of your license plate and then either mail you a bill or you can go on line to enter your license number and pay your bill.

After trying to pay my bill several times on line, I could not find the license plate number of my rental car.  I emailed the agency responsible for the toll road (E470), and was told that I was not able to pay my bill on line.  They said they have an arragement with rental car companies to automatically send the bill to them.  Of course, the rental car companies add very expensive charges to the tolls when they do this.

I was told that I could have registered the rental car license plate ahead of time, but that is impractical because 1)I did not know I was going to be using a toll road with no option to pay my tolls in cash and 2) I could end up being responsible for other rental customer's tolls.

It is very unfair that I was not able to go online to pay my toll like other users.   E470 is collaborating with rental companies to help them charge extra fees to consumers, and I wonder if E470 is getting some type of financial benefit from that, at the expense of consumers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2012 08:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/E470/Aurora-Colorado-80018/E470-470-Toll-Road-CO-Rip-off-When-Using-Rental-Cars-Aurora-Colorado-964146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E470

Rental Car Use of E-470

AUTHOR: Dave Kristick - (USA)

We're not sure which rental car company you rented from, but all of the rental car companies serving the Colorado market have toll payment information prominently displayed at the rental car counters for all renters.  Call me Monday at (303) 537-3702 to explain your situation in more detail.