Complaint Review: E4L/Quantum/North Slimdown Express

• Updated: Thu, March 08, 2001

• Reported By:
E4L/Quantum/North Slimdown Express
Nationwide U.S.A.

E4L/Quantum North America Credit Card Scam!

I made the mistake of ordering something from E4L/Quantum through an informercial. When I placed my order, I was offered all kinds of extras like a "free" membership in some discount travel club, and an automatic monthly shipment of meal replacement bars. I said no to all the extras, I just wanted what I ordered, thank you. I was assured that none of the extras were included on my order. Well, about a month later my credit card bill comes with an $80.00 charge for the "free" travel club membership, and a charge for $59.99 for meal replacement bars and an additional $9.99 charge for shipping and handling! $69.98 for meal replacement bars???

I was able to contact the travel club and have the charge reversed with almost no problems. Getting in contact with E4L, however, has been unsuccessful. First, I was able to get through but was then on hold for 45 minutes before I hung up. Next time I called, their recorded message said they were updating phone lines to serve me better and couldn't accept incoming calls at that time. The time after that the phone message gave me a fax help line number that turned out to be disconnected. This all happened to me around August or September of 2000 and their phone system and fax line are still unavailable to this day! Contact your credit card company!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/E4LQuantumNorth-Slimdown-Express/nationwide/E4LQuantum-North-America-Credit-Card-Scam-4645. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on E4L/Quantum/North Slimdown Express