Complaint Review: EA Games

• Submitted: Tue, February 08, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, February 08, 2011

• Reported By: pkportfolio — Charlottesville Virginia United States of America
EA Games

EA Games EA.com, thesims3.com Took away game access for supposedly committing fraud. Problem is that I didn't do anything and now they won't talk to me about it. Internet

I signed up for a sims3.com online account on 4/2/10. I proceeded to spend over $150 between then and 9/23/10 on "simpoints" to purchase items for my game online.

I went to log in to my account this month and it told me my account had been suspended. When I called the customer service person told me that it said I had committed fraud and stole simpoints online. The customer service rep was not very helpful and sent me an e-mail pointing to a form on their website where I could file an appeal.

I explained my situation in detail, even letting them know about anything that could be seen as sketchy and why it happened (using a proxy to log in, having 2 usernames, etc.). I got a message (not even an email) back from my online account telling me that they reviewed my claim and they would not grant me access to my account again. They also told me that any more correspondence about the issue will be ignored.

To summarize, EA took away online access that I paid a lot of money for. Told me it was for a reason that was not true and now refuses to talk about it with me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2011 10:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EA-Games/internet/EA-Games-EAcom-thesims3com-Took-away-game-access-for-supposedly-committing-fraud-Probl-692382. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EA Games