Complaint Review: EA Games

• Submitted: Sat, January 26, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, January 26, 2013

• Reported By: Harlea — hollywood California United States of America
EA Games

EA Games Electronic Arts, Origins "Free Game" a total scam! Worst "customer service" ever! Internet

I downloaded the free Monopoly Hotels app on my iphone, and was addicted to it for nine months. Spent real money on (too much, it's embarrassing now that I finally totalled it up) in order to progress better/further/faster, reached level 45 and then one day, all my progress was gone! It was as though I was starting all over again. All the rooms I spent months and money to get were gone.

It took three days to even get a customer service number (after repeated attempts to email them both via regular emails and facebook messages with no response) I was on hold for 46 minutes only to talk to a guy who admitted he didn't know anything about the game that the company who employs him created and he would "escalate my complaint" to someone else who might know what to do.

It took over two months to receive a response and that response also admitted they have no idea if they've fixed my problem or not (they didn't). I have totalled up what I spent on it and asked for a refund. Whether I get it or not (and if not, I will be reporting them to the better business bureau as well as to apple for selling a product that can rip people off in this manner), customer service should never be this bad and this nonexistent.

Never give this company your money. If you want to play any of their games, only play the free ones and don't bother with Monopoly hotels, because it reaches a point where it is impossible to get anywhere without spending real money and once you do, everything can disappear out of nowhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2013 12:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EA-Games/internet/EA-Games-Electronic-Arts-Origins-Free-Game-a-total-scam-Worst-customer-service-ever-1003676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EA Games