Complaint Review: EARTHLINK

• Submitted: Sun, November 02, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, November 02, 2008

• Reported By:CHICAGO Illinois
EARTHLINK
EARTHLINK.COM CHICAGO, Illinois U.S.A.

EARTHLINK EARTHLINK REJECTED ME FOR SERVICE, BUT NOW BILLS ME AND SAYS I AM A CUSTOMER CHICAGO Illinois

NOVEMBER 1 2008

IN THE FIRST FEW MONTHS OF LAST YEAR I TRIED TO APPLY FOR EARTHLINK SERVICE. AFTER A SERIES OF TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE CALLS I TOLD THEM I WAS NOT INTERESTED ANY MORE, AND ON THE SAME DAY I GOT A CALL FROM THEM SAYING THAT I WAS REJECTED FOR SERVICE. NEVERTHELESS I GOT 3 MODEMS FROM THEM, AND NO STRAIGHT ANSWER WHEN I ASKED HOW I SHOULD RETURN THE ITEMS. I GOT A CALL FROM THEM AND SPENT 30 MINUTES OR SO EXPLAINING WHY I NO LINGER WANTED THEIR SERVICE AND HOW THEY COULD IMPROVE.

THEY WERE CIVIL AND SUPPOSEDLY THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE END OF IT, BUT FOR THE LAST MONTHS THEY HAVE BEEN BILLING ME, AND NOW WANT NEARLY $500!! THE ONLY PEOPLE I REACHED SAID THEY CAN'T DISCUSS MY BILL UNTIL I GIVE THEM SOME PIN NUMBER. WHEN I EXPLAINED THAT I DON'T HAVE ONE BECAUSE I NEVER HAD THEIR SERVICE I WAS TOLD THAT I HAD TO HAVE SIGNED UP BECAUSE I HAVE A BILL!!!

I COULDN'T BREAK THIS CIRCULAR NON-LOGIC, THEY WOULDN'T LISTEN AND TOLD ME JUST TO PAY!!! I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

Shimc
CHICAGO, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2008 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EARTHLINK/CHICAGO-Illinois-60012/EARTHLINK-EARTHLINK-REJECTED-ME-FOR-SERVICE-BUT-NOW-BILLS-ME-AND-SAYS-I-AM-A-CUSTOMER-CHI-387224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EARTHLINK