Complaint Review: EAST COAST METAL STRUCTURES

• Updated: Wed, June 05, 2013

• Reported By: Carol — NEW BERN North Carolina
EAST COAST METAL STRUCTURES
5807 HWY 70 WEST LA GRANGE, North Carolina USA

EAST COAST METAL STRUCTURES SCAM,RIPOFF COMPANY TOOK OUR MONEY AND NEVER DELIEVERED OR CONSTRUCTED OUR METAL BUILDING. NEED TO ARREST KENNETH OSBORNE LA GRANGE North Carolina

*General Comment: Pete Osborne, d/b/a East Coast Metal Structures

East Coast Metal Structures, Kenneth Osborne " Pete" as he is know.  We contracted to have East Coast Metal Structures to build a 30 x 40 Metal building.  Pete had the paper work filled out with the building description and also a deposit was required.  We were not comfortable with this but he assured us that we would get our material alot faster, and that he had several other customers waiting.  We left his office with a estimate on April 18, 2013.  He contacted us the next day and wanted an answer, we said we were still making changes to our design.

He called again on the following Monday 04/22/2013 and said he had to have a check ASAP so he could order the material.  We sent him a credit card check for $5975.00!!

We spent the next 5 1/2 weeks calling "Pete" to have him come to New Bern NC to submit for the permit.  He kept putting us off and we were beginning to get worried!!  He would tell us that he would be there the next day but then never showed up.  The Craven County Dept even called him and left message that the other contractors could not continue unless the Primary Contractor ( East Coast Metal Structures) filed and paid for their permit.  The other contractors were waiting and getting frustrated for the delay in construction!!

Finally on June 5 2013 we found out that he never showed up at the Permit office in New Bern that day as promised, but had filed Bankruptcy!!!  He has our money and we do not have anything to show for it !!  Where is our building???  Where is our Money???  I know we are not the only one affected by this Scam Bag!  If there is anyone out there in North Carolina that has been Scamed as we have, please come forward. We need to fight for our money to be returned!  We need justice for the victims!!

I am soooo angry and mad that this "Pete" has done this to us and many other customers. He speaks about being a Christian, he is the devil! He needs to be dealt with and the victims need to come together to fight!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2013 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EAST-COAST-METAL-STRUCTURES/LA-GRANGE-North-Carolina-28551/EAST-COAST-METAL-STRUCTURES-SCAMRIPOFF-COMPANY-TOOK-OUR-MONEY-AND-NEVER-DELIEVERED-OR-C-1056791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EAST COAST METAL STRUCTURES

#1 General Comment

Pete Osborne, d/b/a East Coast Metal Structures

AUTHOR: Biggon - ()

I met with Pete Osborne on May 14, 2013, at my home to discuss purchasing a metal building.  All specifications were discussed, i.e. size, spacing of trusses, placement of windows, doors, etc.  He said he could complete the building by June 3, 2013.  He gave me a price of $4300.00 to complete the structure and said he needed money down to expedite it.  He said the more we put down - it would help him get the building quicker.  He had previously built a building for a friend of mine, and therefore, I thought he would be trustworthy.  I offered him $1000.00 and he said he would need at least $2000.00 to go forward.  We talked about not knowing him before-hand and he assured me that he was straight up.  My father was present during this whole process and he even talked to him about setting up a display building in our area to sell buildings from.  He invoked Gods name frequently, stating that he was a Christian and that he was 100% above board and trustworthy.  I finally went to my bank with Pete and withdrew $2000.00 cash.  A contract was signed with East Coast Metal Structures, signed Pete Osborne.  I paid $2054.00 to pour the foundation in preparation for construction of the metal structure.  I was informed via a recording at Osborne's office that he has filed bankruptcy and to contact his lawyer.  This man has to be held accountable.  Apparently, I am not his first victim!