Complaint Review: EBA

• Updated: Mon, October 03, 2011

• Reported By: wincat12 — Brooklyn New York USA
EBA
2361 Nostrand Ave Brooklyn, NY 11210 Internet United States of America

EBA Shop EBA EBA's installers - unprofessional and are running down the clock to delay return. Internet

I purchased a dryer from EBA. The installers came late, and tried to bring the old dryer up from the basement, they didn't bring it up the right way, even after we told them how to turn it. They were in a rush to go and told us to call back after the holiday (Rosh Hashannah) to reschedule the installation.  Had them put the brand new, unopened dryer in the garage. We called the installer company (HDS) that evening to get clarification.  Were told, he would get back to us. Never did.

The rest of the week was spent dealing with the manager at EBA and trying to get a hold of the manager at the installation place (HDS) to verify that the dryer was never installed. More delays, more calls, no resolution.

Today, one day before the 7 day return policy expires, I asked the manager at EBA to call the installers - because they will only believe the installers not the customer of over 40 years that the dryer was never installed.  This is all because, the installer guys never made a note on the receipt stating that it was "delievered and installed"  The manager at EBA told me, it's good that this happened as I'll "learn a lesson".   I do not have items delivered or installed on a regular basis, why didn't the installer make a note? Now it's on me.

EBA continues to stall and HDS was extremely nasty on the phone.

I have contacted my credit card company and the charge is now in dispute. Am waiting for EBA to contact me when they realize a)no money and b)missing a dryer from their stock.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2011 09:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EBA/internet/EBA-Shop-EBA-EBAs-installers-unprofessional-and-are-running-down-the-clock-to-delay-ret-784146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EBA