Complaint Review: EBAY - HAVE HOLD ON MY ACCOUNT REQUIRED PAYMENT $0.00 TRYING TO HARASS ME INTO GIVING THEM MORE $$$

• Submitted: Sat, July 21, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, July 21, 2007

• Reported By:northwest Ohio
WWW.EBAY.COM Internet U.S.A.

EBAY - HAVE HOLD ON MY ACCOUNT REQUIRED PAYMENT $0.00 RIPOFF!! THESE JERKS ARE TRYING TO HARASS ME INTO PAYING CURRENT MONTHS UNINVOICED FEES. TOLD ME IT'S REQUIRED. NOTHING BUT LIES AND BULLIES RIPOFF Internet

I made a genuine mistake on my payment. Oops, I forgot that these money grubbing tightwads will deduct the amount of the account credits when figuring how much you made in payments. This happened once before and the customer service supervisor told me this and informed me that the entire NEW INVOICE had to be paid, not just the past due amount. OK, my bad... I like to pay my fees by the week and don't want them billing my credit card. Now I was stuck paying the entire invoice at once because I shorted my payment by 3 bucks. Not my standard practice, but I caused it myself. So...I paid the full amount of the invoice and my account status page now says that my required payment amount is $0.00

Now, recalling the last time this occured their computer system will automatically remove the hold. However, it takes the better part of a full day to do so, and I was in a rush to relist some unsold items. so...I pulled up the live online help. The guy I get, identified as Mark M.A. , proceeds to attempt to convince me that since this had occured on my account previously,I am required to pay my current unbilled charges of roughly $63 as well to have the hold removed. Hmmm...then why does my account page not specify this? It specifically says:

Your eBay account is on hold for non-payment. Your required payment amount: US $0.00.

He spent a good 10 minutes trying to harass me into paying the current fees. All the while I'm telling him that the alert across the top of the account status page CLEARLY says I don't have to give him a dime. He then says "I'm looking at the same thing you are." Ok...so I asked him what part of I don't have to give them any more money right now did he not understand?

He started insulting me then. Saying I was questioning his intelligence and his integrity. That I wasn't showing him the same level of respect he was giving me. I was unaware that harassment is considered a form of respect these days. When I pointed out that I had printed the account status page out for proof that I did not have to pay anything else and his refusal to remove the hold could be considered an act of fraudulent activity and turn the whole shooting match into a legal matter, the guy abrubtly disconnected the chat.

I am SICK of Ebay's lack of appropriate responses and actions in regard to the people who are responsible for their very existence. Every time I have a problem or issue that needs resolved, they either ignore it or tell me to stick it. FANTASTICK customer service, eh? I can really tell all they appreciate is my money since that's all they seem to be keen on...getting their hands on my money.

Tired of this sh*t
northwest, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2007 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EBAY-HAVE-HOLD-ON-MY-ACCOUNT-REQUIRED-PAYMENT-000-TRYING-TO-HARASS-ME-INTO-GIVING-THEM-MORE-/internet/EBAY-HAVE-HOLD-ON-MY-ACCOUNT-REQUIRED-PAYMENT-000-RIPOFF-THESE-JERKS-ARE-TRYING-TO-H-262312. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EBAY - HAVE HOLD ON MY ACCOUNT REQUIRED PAYMENT $0.00 TRYING TO HARASS ME INTO GIVING THEM MORE $$$