Complaint Review: EBates

• Reported By: Paula — Bowling Green Kentucky United States of America
EBates

EBates Where's My Big Fat Check? Internet

*Consumer Comment: ebay not paying out since I joined

*UPDATE Employee: Be sure to let us know if this remains unresolved

From my experience, EBATES.COM is engaging in consumer fraud by making Internet and TV promises that they do not keep. Here is my experience:

I opened a new account in November with the EBATES promise that, if I spent $50, I would get a $10 Target gift card. I spent $68 on a bouquet for a hospitalized friend. The purchase never registered with EBATES, so I contacted them twice before they put $10.56 in my account.

I never received the promised TARGET gift card.

I tried EBATES again, making purchases through the site at FIVE stores listed on their website for which the site created Tracking tickets. I  spent more than $1,500 between Nov. 23 (Black Friday) and Nov. 27, 2012 at Victoria's Secret, The Peruvian Connection, Sears, West Elm and Amazon.

I used my Discover Card for each purchase. When none of the purchases posted to my EBATES account, I contacted the EBATES" HELP" desk via email, and received the same canned reply each time: "We're sorry, blah, blah, we're looking into your problem."

I have retained copies of all of these email messages. It has been more than a week since I placed my orders through EBATES, and I still have not received the cash rebates in my account. The company promises to post rebates within 2-3 days. LIES!

I complained to my credit card company, DISCOVER, about EBATES FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES, and a DISCOVER agent in the FRAUD DEPARTMENT said they will go after EBATES if all of my purchases are not credited within two weeks.

I also recommended EBATES to two friends who used the site. I have not received rebates for the
recommendations. Based on my experience, EBATES is a fraudulent Internet company and is posting FALSE ADVERTISING
on television.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2012 03:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EBates/internet/EBates-Wheres-My-Big-Fat-Check-Internet-977115. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EBates

ebay not paying out since I joined

AUTHOR: ali1 - (United States of America)

Ebay have constantly been making excuses why they won't pay out.  I have been a member since 2007 have never received payment.  My first purchase was in 2011 and when I ask why I have never  received my referrel payouts or purchase payouts their excuse is that I have changed my mailing address or not registered my paypal email...these are just excuses.  I have nevr changed my mailing address in 12 years and definately registered my email address with paypal...my choice for payout.  I also made 2 referells.  Never received the $25 for the first one and have just received the second of  $5....almost 1 year after my friend purchased, and only after I hounded them about it.  This company needs to pay for the excuses and their illigitimate company advertising.

Be sure to let us know if this remains unresolved

AUTHOR: Dylan - (U.S.A.)

Dear Paula,

I am sorry to hear that you had this trouble.  Ebates is 100% legitimate and we have been mailing Cash Back payments to our members for over 12 years.

Since I don't know your full name or email address, please let me know if this remains unresolved by sending me a message to (facebookhelp at ebates.com).  This is an address that we use on forums like this to help our members.

Sincerely,