Complaint Review: EBay, EBay Inc

• Submitted: Tue, December 19, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, December 19, 2006

• Reported By:Cedar Lake Indiana
EBay, EBay Inc
2145 Hamilton Avenue San Jose, California, Internet U.S.A.

EBay, EBay Inc suspended my account after I paid my seller's fees in full San Jose California, Internet

eBay took too long to withdraw their fees from my bank account. I thought they took their fees from mine business bank account. I closed mine business bank account, then I found out they had not taken their fees from the account.

I was told, I needed to send them $19.56 payment to settle my account. I could send the payment via a money order. On 09/20/04 I got a money order & mailed it to them.

Here is the money order info:
Travelers Express Company, Inc Drawer
P.O. Box 9476
Minneapolis MN 55480
Phone: 800-542-3590
M.O. # 45648080258
Here are some more numbers listed on my m.o. stub:
963725910050001 00
In the amount of $19.56

I contacted eBay & told them the m.o. had been mailed out. The following month, I checked my ebay account only to discover my account had been suspended. When I contacted ebay about this, they said they had not received my payment but, when I called the Travelers Express Company's 800 number I found out the m.o. had been process.

eBay now wants me to get a copy of the front & back of "cleared" m.o. so they can see the numbers that had been stamped on it.

Travelers Express Company said, there's a $12.00 fee to get a copy of the front & back of the money order.

Why should I be out even more money? How can eBay process a money order without crediting my account?

If they are so concerned about people using their web site then, "Why don't they have someone checking up on the people that handles paper payments?

Cedar Lake, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2006 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EBay-EBay-Inc/San-Jose-California-Internet-95125/EBay-EBay-Inc-suspended-my-account-after-I-paid-my-sellers-fees-in-full-San-Jose-Califor-226285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EBay, EBay Inc