Complaint Review: EBay, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, July 18, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, July 19, 2007

• Reported By:Fort Wayne Indiana
EBay, Inc.
2145 Hamilton Avenue San Jose, California U.S.A.

EBay, Inc. eBay, Inc. - Within last two months has been limiting 100's of seller accounts by restrictions in sales. San Jose California

*Consumer Comment: Ebay ID

See link here for others who have the same problem:

Looks like I get to join the bandwagon. Unfortunately, I am not one who turns over and plays dead.

ebay limited my account to 75% also. I already have emailed Pierre, the creator of ebay and I will perhaps go visit him personally, if this is not fixed soon.

Essentially, a month ago, I got a warning, so I do all I can to make things better by answering email quicker, refunding those not happy, but lo, behold, that is not good enough for ebay.

I have sold about 40,000 items on ebay and only have a 97.7% positive feedback rating. Used to be once a powerseller, but when you sell as much as I do and only have two hands, it is hard to keep a high rating.

The fact is it came after I received a dispute yesterday. I refunded the guy the second I saw the dispute.

Now, I am sitting here thinking that ebay is worse than gas prices. Not only have they raised fees, they have 3 times this year been coming after me with suspensions. Even the beginning of this year they forced all sellers to lower their shipping costs, YET now shipping costs have went up at the post office.. Thanks ebay!

I have been selling for SEVEN YEARS and only had one suspension all the other 6 years.

For a company that is not performing as well as they used to (per the news) and looking at the sales of ALL the top sellers going down about 30% since LAST YEAR (and I can prove this), I would say it isn't very wise for them to be 'sticking it to their real customers, the sellers'.

This year, I have felt like I was under a microscope. Every time I turned around, ebay is wanting to suspend me for a day, suspend me if I do not file a counter notice against some big company who files a false VeRO report, you name it.. Gee, you would think a registered copyright for the software would be good enough. No, only if you are a mega corporation are you allowed such exceptions.

Its bull and that is why I have been doing more and more business outside of ebay. And, amazingly, it doesn't cost as much. Yes, aint that a surprise. I almost make as much OUTSIDE OF EBAY as on ebay and I don't spend half as much in fees.

No sarcasm here. I am sure Pierre will read my emails, as I sent them in multiple ways to him.

Anthony
Fort Wayne, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2007 11:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EBay-Inc/San-Jose-California-95125/EBay-Inc-eBay-Inc-Within-last-two-months-has-been-limiting-100s-of-seller-accounts-261788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EBay, Inc.

Ebay ID

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

In order to verify your claims on your account, we need your Ebay ID.

However, a few comments:

"I already have emailed Pierre, the creator of ebay and I will perhaps go visit him personally, if this is not fixed soon."

**So you are threatening him? I can see why you are onyl at 97.7% if this is how you treat your client base

"Even the beginning of this year they forced all sellers to lower their shipping costs, YET now shipping costs have went up at the post office.. Thanks ebay! "

**Ebay is cracking down on people who try to make more money buy charging ridiculous shipping fees. I personally use the USPS Priority Mail and only charge what the post office does. I can ship up to a pound for $4.60 with free delivery confirmation and 2-3 days. Yet some people would chage me $10 for the same thing. Ebay wants to eliminate that. They are not saying you have to take a loss on postal fees. Oh, and USPS will send you Priority Mail supplies FREE. No more paying for boxes.

"Perhaps, they will wake up when 100's of us get sick of this rediculous garbage of treatment."

**Yes, those 5 million users don't mean nothing when a few hundred with low ratings get mad

Post your ID, let's take a look at the complaints in your feedback and your 40,000 items sold