Complaint Review: EBay - PayPal

• Updated: Tue, September 15, 2009

• Reported By: TiredandAngry — Downingtown Pennsylvania USA
EBay - PayPal
www.paypal.com Internet United States of America

EBay - PayPal Paypal protects buyers only. Ebay doesn't care once they get their fees Internet

* : Thats because..

Listed a lot of 22 shirts on Ebay.  Buyer bought for low Buy-It-Now price, then wanted to return 7 shirts because they were "disgusting and garbage."  I offered a full refund. She refused  She filed a claim with Paypal. I contacted both Ebay, who agreed that my listing was truthful.  It took over a month for the situation to get straightened out.  Buyer never had to return the remaining 15 shirts, but Paypal gave her a refund anyway.  Then I had to send in the 7 shirts she returned to Paypal!

Beware of accepting payments via Paypal. They only protect the buyer and take no action against unscrupulous buyers like the one I encountered.

Ebay just defers to Paypal. They are no help at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2009 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EBay-PayPal/internet/EBay-PayPal-Paypal-protects-buyers-only-Ebay-doesnt-care-once-they-get-their-fees-In-495134. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EBay - PayPal

#1

Thats because..

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (U.S.A.)

If you hadn't noticed..ebay and paypal are one in the same..

I do a lot of selling on ebay..and typically do not have any problems with buyers.  I also work for a huge retail electronics corporation.

I can tell you this and it is a fact of life..there are some people that are nearly impossible to please..and they ruin it for everyone else.

You can except other forms of payment then paypal..but paypal seems to be the most convenient, and I am sure that is intentional.

My main complaints about ebay is..I also agree there is WAY too much protection for the buyer..and virtually none for the seller..but..this may not be such a bad thing..as we really need buyers..so we have to take the good with the bad.

I think the ebay fees are too high..I know it is great to have worldwide exposure to sell..but they are just a web site..we do all the work..all the ads..all the packing and shipping and driving to the post office. We have to sell low to move anything..we get a fee going in..a fee when it's sold..a fee from paypal...use our gas and time to get to the post office..and pay shipping, confirmation and sometimes insurance. and what do we get? Very little... and if a buyer complains..we are SOL.

But every seller is in the same boat so we just have to make it work.