Complaint Review: EBay - Paypal

• Reported By: disgusted — niles Ohio United States of America
EBay - Paypal

EBay - Paypal ebay/paypal holds my money because im new Internet

*Consumer Comment: You don't read what you agree too

*Author of original report: paypal good to me now all is ok

*Consumer Comment: PayPal indeed...

*Author of original report: paypal still ripping poor people off

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2010 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EBay-Paypal/internet/EBay-Paypal-ebaypaypal-holds-my-money-because-im-new-Internet-553746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EBay - Paypal

You don't read what you agree too

AUTHOR: B Miller - (United States of America)

This is another case where the seller didn't read any of the rules and assumed everything was ok.  They say that they'll impose 21 day holds on certain items sold if you either a. don't have 100 feedback, or b. the buyer leaves you feedback.

Here's the problem, the little person (being you) doesn't read what they are signing up for, sure it's a lot of s ***  to look through, but you gotta do it in order to understand what you agree to in a binding contract.

paypal good to me now all is ok

AUTHOR: disgusted - (United States of America)

i guess they tried something that just didnt work. i now have full access to my account as i should. they are ok in my book now.

PayPal indeed...

AUTHOR: omnomnom - (United States of America)

I have the same issue... I've had my eBay account for years, have sold items in the past (though not many) but with no issues. And then recently, upon selling an item I received the same notification:

"Important message about your account. From now on, money you receive will be temporarily held in a pending balance. To learn more, please read our funds availability policy"

In other words, all payments I receive (regardless of whether they're from eBay or not) are held for 21 days, unless:

- It's something physically shipped to someone and three days after proof of delivery via tracking number go by without the buyer filing a dispute, - or -
- The item is an eBay item and the above occurs, or the user leaves positive feedback.

This sucks because I also have a web design/development "business" which I use PayPal to receive payments. If all payments are going to be held for 21 days with nothing that's actually being shipped to release the funds sooner, that sucks.

I've signed up for a merchant account with a basic credit card processor which actually offers lower transaction fees but allows me to directly accept credit/debit/check with immediate payment to my bank account. I'd suggest that anybody selling on eBay do the same and get away from PayPal, as they are not an actual bank and are not regulated like a bank so they can get away with holding funds, freezing accounts for no reason, and doing whatever they want.

paypal still ripping poor people off

AUTHOR: disgusted - (United States of America)

paypal and ebay, being they are the same. are ripping people off all over the world. im new to ebay. about 6 monthes or so. all has been fine until now.. I HAVE A GOOD RECORD WITH EBAY.  i recieved a note from paypal that reads.  FROM NOW ON. MONEY YOU RECIEVE WILL BE HELD . when i asked them why. they said because my feedback is less than 100. ofcourse it doesnt say anything like that in the paypal rules. they just made it up. they are one of the biggest thieves in the bussiness. when my money is released. i am going to tell them where to stick their account. its rediculous. a little person like me has no say so with a vulture like this. and i guess nobody cares. they have been doing this to little people from the beginning. they know you cant do anything about it. you cant afford an attorney. so just sit back and take it. and do what they say. communists. every last one.                                                                                                                                                     Payments will be held in a pending balance for up to 21 days. For example, if you receive a $100 payment (after fees), the $100 will be held in a pending balance for up to 21 days. After 21 days, the money will be available for withdrawal.

The money may be released sooner if:

1.    We can confirm that the item was delivered

2.    Your buyer leaves positive feedback. (Applies only to eBay items.)

We know this is a change in the way we do business with you and we hope you understand that you haven't done anything wrong. In deciding whether to apply payment holds, we review many factors including transaction activity, business type, and customer disputes.

Payment holds are often applied to new sellers who don't have a lot of transaction history, sellers in traditionally high risk industries (for example, travel or tickets), or sellers who've had a high number of claims filed against them.

If you're a PayPal Money Market Fund customer, you'll continue to earn interest on the total balance while your money is held.

To learn more about this policy change, please read our latest funds availability policy

We appreciate your business and look forward to a continued partnership. Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions.

Thanks,