Complaint Review: EBay User: clockrepairservice

• Updated: Mon, July 16, 2012

• Reported By: Mike56 — Taylors South Carolina United States of America
EBay User: clockrepairservice
104 N. Galena Ave. Wyoming, Illinois United States of America

EBay User: clockrepairservice Brian Scobee MADE ME WAIT 16 WEEKS AND THE CLOCK MOVEMENT QUIT RIGHT AWAY! Wyoming, Illinois

I sent an antique clock movement to this guy on EBay in March for repair/cleaning. I heard nothing for quite awhile and inquired as to what was going on. It took awhile for him to answer me but he told me about some medical issues he had going on with his wife I think it was. I gave him the benefit of the doubt even though it had been well over the prescribed turn around time.
He finally sent me a PayPal invoice recently and I paid it. He stated that he was ready to ship. I heard nothing and received nothing. I wrote to him at two e-mail addresses I had for him to no avail. I called and got voice mail. No return call.
It had been 16 weeks! It was far too long for me to do anything via EBay. But I did file a dispute with PayPal. After a number of days he responded that it had been shipped. I received it Saturday and installed it back into the case. It ran and chimed maybe three times and that was it. I was furious! I contacted PayPal and filed a claim. The guy responded that if I return the movement he will give me a refund. What?? It's MY MOVEMENT! Why would I do that? So he can repair and sell it?? I don't think so!
Anyway, I contacted PayPal again and the rep agreed that this was ridiculous and wasn't going to happen. But he stated that he had to close to case because I could not file a claim on a service.
So, I'm out nearly $100 and I'll have to pay someone else if I want to get the clock running. Beware of this guy and anybody else that you have to send something to in order to be repaired. Especially on EBay!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2012 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EBay-User-clockrepairservice/Wyoming-Illinois-61491/EBay-User-clockrepairservice-Brian-Scobee-MADE-ME-WAIT-16-WEEKS-AND-THE-CLOCK-MOVEMENT-QU-912922. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EBay User: clockrepairservice