Complaint Review: EBay seiv - 203

• Updated: Thu, October 17, 2013

• Reported By: J. Davis Patterson — Hampton Virginia
EBay seiv - 203
1467 , Select State/Province USA

EBay seiv - 203 Don Serensun Sells non-playable musical instrument sic Hurdy Gurdy Camano Is WA Washington Stat

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Musical instrument

On EBay, via PayPal, Don Seresun offers the instrument, Hurdy Gurdy for sale. It does not perform as an instrument and produces no discernable notes.  He charges $690 for an unplayable instrument and will not engage reimbursement or replacement, only excuses.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2013 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EBay-seiv-203/Select-StateProvince/EBay-seiv-203-Don-Serensun-Sells-non-playable-musical-instrument-sic-Hurdy-Gurdy-Camano-1092670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EBay seiv - 203

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Musical instrument

AUTHOR: seiv - ()

On july 25th 2013 J. Patterson e mailed me that the instrument he bought from me was making bad squeeking sounds when trying to play.

He said he put some Rosin on the wheel thats all. L answered that I felt he put to much rosin on the wheel and described a process to clean the wheel and to replace cotton on strings.

On Oct. 10th 2013 84 days later he said he was ill and just got back to follow the proceedure I recommended the past July. and it wasn't working and it wasn't play right.

I recommended he take it into a Luthier for an evelulation. Which he did. He sent me the Luthiers phone number and asked me to call him. The Luthier told me that he had no experiance with this type of instrument but estimated it was out of adjustment.

I then recommended to Patterson to find a club or person that was familiar with Hurdy Guryds to examine and make some recommendations. I live in Washington state the Hurdy Gurdy was in Virgina 3000 miles away and felt that to expedite this problem it would be easier if possible to estimate what my course of action would be to have it returned to me or to be able to diagnos and repair the problem in Virginia.

He wrote back saying that I had sent him a non working instrument and tjat i only was offering excuses and that I was vasive which was not my intention but was tring to solve a problem  he said was filling a claim with Pay Pal and E bay . he  did file a claim. this transpired on 10/18/13 Today 10/19/13 I returned his $690.00 and do expect he will honor to the return Hurdy Gurdy to me.